Corsair adds a Windowed Version to its 300R Case

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]molo9000[/nom]Paying extra to make a good looking case look ugly...I don't get why people want cases with side windows. You don't have the Mona Lisa in there. Just computer hardware.[/citation]

I'm sorry but my PCs interior looks amazing. I love looking at the components and knowing I built it.

I don't have a side window though, I have the 500R but when the system is on and the fan spins, I can see my CPUs light blue color and all the neat components.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]ko888[/nom]It's also convenient for reading the POST code from the diagnostic LEDs, if your motherboard has them, without having to open up the case.[/citation]

True. But That's not exactly something you need to do on a regular basis; hopefully. :)

snowzsan

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
[citation][nom]Be0wulf22[/nom]Windows and flashy light on cases are stupid. Please stop. While I'm at it, please stop refering to your PC as a 'rig'.[/citation]

I can understand completely how the terminology other's use affect you to the point on being hostile about it. I think it's time for you to get off the internet.

As for the case, I don't understand why they didn't just design a new one instead of revamping an older one.

LMF5000

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
[citation][nom]lp231[/nom]Side fans are great to aid in cooling, but I would only install those for a regular side panel. For those that want a window side panel, what is the point for installing them fans? You want a windows to show off your stuffs isn't it? They why install some side fan to block the view. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of that window?[/citation]

Not if you use clear fans!

Be0wulf22

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010

Who is hostile? Quite the opposite. The legitimate technical community is having a good laugh when they read things like this. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.