Corsair Announces the K70 Mechanical Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elwenil

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]What kind of cherry switches? They've used red in the past, which I really don't like. Give me brown or blue switches[/citation]

Their site says they are Cherry MX Red switches.

w0_od

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
Looks good, the individual backlighting will be fun to play with. Wonder if one day they will do an ergo mechanical board

SirTrollsALot

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
I have this board with the Macro keys on left side. Its solidly built. The only gripe I've had is the weak plastic on the wrist rest that attaches to keyboard, mine have broke. I game on my lap sitting on a bean bag, so from constant moving around I figure it was bound to happen... Also its sustained plenty of rage quits, masterbation, and silly fits with plenty of beer! Holds up well!!!

hero1

Distinguished
May 9, 2012
Is it fully mechanical or is partially mechanical? There's a difference you know like K90 being partially mechanical and Logitech 710+ being fully mechanical. We need more info on this kind of things.

vestibule

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
[citation][nom]sublime2k[/nom]$130 for a keyboard? Too bad you can't buy skill.[/citation]

A skilled gamer would notice a significant difference between an average rubber dome KB and a great mechanical KB. Mostly depending on the game, strafe jumping in Quake Live is much harder on a cheap rubber dome KB.

Besides that, I've spilled beer on my Ducky Shine twice and it still works perfectly fine. It was completely filled with beer for hours while on/lit the first time. As long as you get one of the best mech KB's they should last decades.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]Elwenil[/nom]Their site says they are Cherry MX Red switches.[/citation]

Well, that's disappointing. What do gamers have against MX Browns? They're light, the actuation and release points are very close, they're quieter than blues, and you don't sacrifice regular everyday typing.

Brendy

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
Yeah, I think I'll stick with brands that actually how to make mechanical keyboards (Ducky, Filco, Leopold). The amount of marketing from these gaming-oriented devices is sickening.

xomm

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
[citation][nom]chumly[/nom]No macro keys and a price point almost 50% higher than the competition. Next.[/citation]

Also at the same price as their current K90 keyboard, which is virtually identical, but DOES have macro keys. Not quite sure what they're thinking here.

slomo4sho

Distinguished
[citation][nom]chumly[/nom]No macro keys and a price point almost 50% higher than the competition. Next.[/citation]

Sadly, people still buy into the marketing gimmicks.
1,000 Hz reporting rate that are intended to deliver "fast, accurate input for gaming."
Need I say more?

Non-Euclidean

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
[citation][nom]SirTrollsALot[/nom]I have this board with the Macro keys on left side. Its solidly built. The only gripe I've had is the weak plastic on the wrist rest that attaches to keyboard, mine have broke. I game on my lap sitting on a bean bag, so from constant moving around I figure it was bound to happen... Also its sustained plenty of rage quits, masterbation, and silly fits with plenty of beer! Holds up well!!![/citation]

+1 for working masturbation into a kbd review

You are the best of liars if you are saying you do not use facebook... :lol:

EDIT : Or Twitter, or Myspace. Or any such thing actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.