Hello!

I build a new computer yesterday with:

ryzen 7600xasus bf650 plus
corsairs ddr5 5600mhz 2x 16 gb sticks
Asus prime b650-plus
fractal design v650
asus radeon rx 6700 xt
kingston fury nmv2 1 tb

first thing was that the computer didn't give me any image when I had both ram on the motherboard in A2 B2, when I took the one from B2 out the computer booted with no problem, even when I switched the ram it still booted.

So I install win11 and later noticed how the computer frooze. So I donwloaded memtest86 and I ran some tests.

I got errors on test 5, 7, 9. So I tried to switch the memory out and test with the other one, I still got errors.

I updated the bios to latest version, still got error. I ran with and without xmp/docp(amd version of xmp) and still errors.

So for the fun of it I tested again with both memory stick on the motherboard in A2/B2 config, and the computer booted, So I ran the memtest again and it passed.

I cannot find any information on ram that FAILS when running INDIVIDUALLY and PASSES when I run them TOGETHER ?

Anyone got any tips on what the problem is?

Edit: noticed that my ram is XMP ready and not EXPO ready.

But I run default bios settings on that so shouldn't impact it?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

I updated the bios to latest version, still got error.
Did you clear the CMOS after you'd verified that the BIOS was successfully updated? If not, you should try clearing your CMOS, then have rams in slots A2 and B2 and then power up the system.

I'd also look into the CPU's socket and see if there are any bent or broken pins.

Aug 10, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

I updated the bios to latest version, still got error.
Did you clear the CMOS after you'd verified that the BIOS was successfully updated? If not, you should try clearing your CMOS, then have rams in slots A2 and B2 and then power up the system.

I'd also look into the CPU's socket and see if there are any bent or broken pins.

Sure I updated my specs for the computer, everything is brand new.

No I did not clear the CMOS after bios was updated, is it nessecery?

I run memtest again now and it passed all 4 passes with 13 tests with zero errors.

I noticed that my corsair memory is XMP ready and not XPO/EXPO(which is for amd), would that cause these problems?

I just can't understand why the ram fails on memtest when I run them individually but passes with no problem when I run them together, you are suppose to test memory one at a time , no ?

Sure I updated my specs for the computer, everything is brand new.

No I did not clear the CMOS after bios was updated, is it nessecery?

I run memtest again now and it passed all 4 passes with 13 tests with zero errors.

I noticed that my corsair memory is XMP ready and not XPO/EXPO(which is for amd), would that cause these problems?

I just can't understand why the ram fails on memtest when I run them individually but passes with no problem when I run them together, you are suppose to test memory one at a time , no ?
Test each ram stick in slot B2.

Aug 10, 2023
Test each ram stick in slot B2.
I have tested each ram in both A2 and B2 slot, all 4 times I got memory errors when running the memtest.

So Ram1 in A2 and B2, Ram2 in A2 and B2, also tested with DOCP ON and OFF.

But when I have Ram1 and Ram2 both together in A2 and B2 I get no errors at all, I even run memtest 4 times and not a single error.

So confusing, you are suppose to run memtest with each ram individually to find which one of them maybe faulty.

My RAM:s comes with XMP ready, but since I have an AM5 plattform I cannot use it, should I get EXPO ready ram instead? could that be the problem?

Aug 10, 2023
merged thread into this on also, I continue to troubleshoot.

ryzen 7600x
radeon 6700 gpu
asus b650 prime
corsair 5600mhz ddr5 32gb
cooler master v650 psu
kingstone fury renegade m2

the first symtoms are weird game crashes with diffrent logs in the eventlog, then random bsods.

So i started with memtest and the test pass with no errors when they are run in dual slot together but they both failed on all socket a1 a2 b1 b2 individually.

So I thought that it would be the motherboard so I sent the asus back with the memories and got a gigabyte b650 gaming x ax with kingstone 32gb dd5 6000mhz, which are part of the gigabytes QVL list.

Reinstalled the computer and reinstalled windows, new drivers and all, I still get those game crashes.

Ran memtest, pass in pair BUT stick 1 PASS on A2 socket but fails on B2 stocket, and stick 2 FAILS on A2 but PASS on B2, when ran in pair together they both pass memtest.

I can't figure this out, is it the CPU that is the bad party?
I've read the bad PSU that overheats can shut down for like a milisec or something that could cause a bad memory reading and crashs / fail memtest.

edit: Before testing new PSU I am trying again with different settings for the memory.
First pass one stick in A2 at expo setting 6000mhz caused 1 error at test 9.
Default clock at 4800 caused like 33 errors at test 7 and 9.
Expo 5600mhz caused 0 errors at pass 1 and 1 error at pass 2 on test 9.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2023
Here another thing that is weird,

stick 1 on slot b2 gives 7468MT/S in memtest at EXPO setting 2 which is 5600mhz.

Stick 2 on slot b2 gives 5600MT/S in memtest with same EXPO setting.

Why?

I feel like this is some config issue, since I get like 30+ errors when running stock 4800mhz, and like 1 error on test 9 on each pass when running them in expo 5600 mhz setting.

Edit: I did 4 passes with 5600mhz on one stick and got totalt of 3 errors, 1 error each on test 9.

With 6000mhz i got like 10 and with default I got 33 errors on one single pass.

So this seems more like a config issue than something wrong with the ram?

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2023
I cannot find any information on ram that FAILS when running INDIVIDUALLY and PASSES when I run them TOGETHER ?
Ages ago, like 10 years ago I had exactly the same issue. That's why they recommend to run memtestx86 on each stick separately. In my case it was an issue of a bad memory though.

TRENDING THREADS