Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-2800 16GB Memory Review

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

egmccann

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
16gb testing is no longer a value. For this new generation i want 32, 64 or 128 memory kits.
Damned son.... who need 32GB+ of memory in their machines today? Even most games are happy with a little over 4GB's of memory, bottlenecking at 8GB's.
32GB's is enough in my opinion for any PC, gaming or not, at the moment. I'd more like them to increase GDDR5 memory on video cards to about...... oh, 8GB's to start out with.

"Any PC, gaming or not?" I could use as much RAM as possible dealing with graphics, modeling and the like. My current MB maxes out at 16 Gb, limiting how much I can work with any scene. 32 would be a nice *starting* point, AFAIC. I also have a tendancy to run VMs for various reasons (work, testing/trying out OSes, troubleshooting) - I can certainly use more RAM.

It's all in what you do. What might be "enough" for you might be fairly tight for someone else's use.

Stevemeister

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2006
What the results show is little real world difference between the various sets of RAM so much so that in a "blind taste test" no-one would be able to tell one from the other based on user experience . . . also wowser . . . $525 for 16 GB of RAM ??? I paid ~$160 for 16 GB DDR3-2133 Mushkin Ridgeline Redback 18 months ago . . . and it looks like it will still keep up

I paid $160 for 16 GB of Mushkin Ridgeline Redback

8GB is actually the current limit with the current memory controllers and packaging size. As well you can buy a 290X with 8GB of GDDR5.

Either way though that is pointless if you are gaming at less than 4K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS