[SOLVED] Corsair H100 - scared of leaking?

Nameidk

Reputable
Nov 25, 2016
Alright, I'm considering buying a Corsair H100 for cooling, but as the title suggests, I'm kind of concerned about the possibility of leaks; I've seen quite a lot of posts and videos of leaking accidents - What are your experiences? Also, will you have to extra careful when it comes to cleaning the pc if it's watercooled? Like can you still lay the pc down on its side, and can you still transport it in the back of the car (for example) without worrying about possible leaks??

Thanks in advance!!

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
If you're 'scared' of a leak, avoid all-in-one liquid coolers altogether. While leaks are not particularly common on any decent, name-brand cooler, it's still a possibility, however small.
If your case allows, sizeable air coolers (Noctua's NH-D15, be Quiet's DarkRock Pro etc) can rival higher end AIOs for less money, with less points of failure.

With an AIO, you have fans, a pump & the potential for leakage.
Air coolers, you have fans.....
If something were to fail, an air cooler is much, much easier to 'repair'.

However, as I mentioned, leaks are pretty uncommon. There's nothing about orientation of the cooler or case that'll impact it's ability to remain watertight.
In fact, for transport, an AIO can actually be beneficial as any real weight is supported by the case opposed to the CPU socket.