Review Corsair H100i Elite Review: Ultra Silent Performance

D

Deleted member 2783327

A software driver that takes 2.3+ GB to install just to tell you fan speeds and temps, that runs 64+ processes and runs at 6% + CPU usage all of the time is not "impressive" in any universe. And certainly not when that software is riddled with bugs, some as old as 3+ years - Fundamental stuff that should have been fixed by now.

As of 2020 Corsair will not honor warranties if you do not own a cell phone. I've had a cooler and PSU refused simply because I do not own a cell phone. I have a landline. To quote Corsair service "Carriers can only deliver to a cell phone, not to a physical address".

I've never had a carrier here in Australia refuse to deliver something to me because I don't have a cell phone, even the pathetic Australia Post/StarTrack can manage to deliver to a physical address, albeit extremely slowly.

I have 10 PCs. All of them had Corsair coolers and PSUs. Some had Corsair RAM and commander pro's. Of those 10 PCs I had to make 14 cooler replacements over an 3 year period with the coolers failing, typically the pumps.

The coolers are good when they work, but with average 8 month life span, they are not a solid purchase choice. These include the H100, H100 V2, H110, H115 and H150 and variants of them.

Of the few Corsair coolers I have left they are using CorsairLink which takes 45mb, runs 1 process, uses 0.5% CPU on average and does everything I need it to do for a cooler - tell me temps and fan speeds.

Last edited by a moderator:

NoFaultius

Reputable
Sep 2, 2019
I have been using a Corsair H80i with my i9-9900K for the last 3 years and it has been awesome. I originally got a NZXT cooler, but it could not keep the 9900k below 85C under load. I had an H80i on my 4770k setup, so I decided to give that a try. Out of the box, it was not cooling well enough, so I replaced the single fan it came with, with two ML-120 fans in push pull config. Now the cpu does not go over 65 under load. If the 100i is anything like the 80i, this could be a great cooler with a fan upgrade.

Albert.Thomas

Prominent
Staff member
Aug 10, 2022
I have been using a Corsair H80i with my i9-9900K for the last 3 years and it has been awesome. I originally got a NZXT cooler, but it could not keep the 9900k below 85C under load. I had an H80i on my 4770k setup, so I decided to give that a try. Out of the box, it was not cooling well enough, so I replaced the single fan it came with, with two ML-120 fans in push pull config. Now the cpu does not go over 65 under load. If the 100i is anything like the 80i, this could be a great cooler with a fan upgrade.

I agree, this cooler would probably do better with stronger fans - but then it wouldn't run as quietly.

Sep 13, 2022
Why will it only cool up to 200W with Alder Lake CPU's? I have an H100i Capellix on my 10850k and it has no issue cooling the 10 core 20 thread chip that puts out 250W under peak load. I know there's differences in the chips but are the differences that much.