Review Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT Review: Business as Usual

Jun 3, 2020
That specific unit uses 2x ML120 Pro, which is rated for 0.225A of power.
Most motherboard headers are designed for 1A of power, with the liquid cooling headers usually being 2A.

Hopefully this answers your question.
Thank for the reply.

The reason I'm asking the question is that I picked up two more ML120 fans for push/pull. To keep things simple I would like to run a splitter on each of the pump's fan channels so that each is powering two fans.

I've found information on all the previous models with respect to the max current of the controller and they vary from 1A to 4A. I didn't want to just assume it was 2A as the 4 fans together pull just over 1A (the two pull fans are the red RGB variant of the ML120 pro series rated at 0.299A).

I currently have the pull fans on a separate fan controller, but that is just a stop gap. I would like to run them with the push fans on the pump fan controller.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Thank for the reply.

The reason I'm asking the question is that I picked up two more ML120 fans for push/pull. To keep things simple I would like to run a splitter on each of the pump's fan channels so that each is powering two fans.

I've found information on all the previous models with respect to the max current of the controller and they vary from 1A to 4A. I didn't want to just assume it was 2A as the 4 fans together pull just over 1A (the two pull fans are the red RGB variant of the ML120 pro series rated at 0.299A).

I currently have the pull fans on a separate fan controller, but that is just a stop gap. I would like to run them with the push fans on the pump fan controller.
I see now.

I did manage to find this - but perhaps you already did too: https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=839688&p=839688
-The RGB Pro XT's pump is CoolIT made
-It has 2x fan headers, so they have to be 1A each
-The pump is for 2A
It's got to be a 4A controller. So you should be able to run 2 fans to each header.

Jun 3, 2020
I see now.

I did manage to find this - but perhaps you already did too: https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=839688&p=839688
-The RGB Pro XT's pump is CoolIT made
-It has 2x fan headers, so they have to be 1A each
-The pump is for 2A
It's got to be a 4A controller. So you should be able to run 2 fans to each header.
Yeah, I did run across that as well. The Pro Xt is not listed, but as you said, these are CoolIt pumps. At first I felt safe seeing that historically CoolIt uses 1A channels, but out of an abundance of caution I thought I would ask.

It made me slightly nervous that the two channels are pre-wired (not a port on the pump) and the cables are pretty cheap and flimsy. It crossed my mind that it might actually be a single channel split in the pump housing, but the spec sheet does specifically state two channels so that seems unlikely.

I have submitted a ticket to Corsair support as well. I can update when I hear back from them. If I get bored waiting I might just plug the other two fans into the pump controller and see what happens. Worst case scenario it fries and I pick up something more robust.

Thanks again for your help, it's nice to see someone else thinking along similar lines.

Jun 3, 2020
Just an update. I have not heard back from Corsair (on account of COVID19 staffing levels). I have all 4 fans running on the 2 channels no problem.

Reactions: Phaaze88
May 13, 2022
I was thinking of buying a Corsair iCUE H100i RGB Pro XT, 240mm Radiator to reduce the noise on my i5-750.

Its running at stock 2.66ghz with stock fan, around 80 degree C with about 10 Chrome Windows open.

I wanted to check if I was reading the chart below right...

Is the red and black charts the CPU running with a stock fan? Does that mean stock cpu is running at 55.5 degrees, and 61.9 degrees, but with the Corsair H100i Pro instead of the stock cpu it runs at 14.7 and 20.4 respectlively?

If I purchased a Corsair H100i Pro would my CPU temp of 80 degrees drop to around 20-30 degrees instead?

mnaQQKSXHStDuwqpJpsQjc-970-80.png