Corsair H100i V2 assistance

Ejoyner13

Prominent
Jun 18, 2017
So I installed this cooler on my brand new build and connected as follows. I plugged the pump into the CPU Fan header and the fans from the pump into the pump. Now when I open up corsair link I am getting 0 rpm on the fan under the cooler tab. Any idea why or how to fix? Thank you in advance.

Sedivy

Estimable
Did you also connect the pump via the provided usb cable to the motherboard usb header? There should be two connections altogether from the pump to the motherboard.

Breakdown13

Reputable
Jun 20, 2017
Good idea! Thanks! Is it better to connect the fans to cpu fan and cpu opt and the pump to the aio pump header? I heard that's an option as well.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
No, that's not how the Corsair system is designed. First of all the pump is supposed to be connected to the CPU_FAN header. One of the things done by the mobo for that header is careful monitoring of the fan speed signal coming back to it to make sure it has not failed, and the Corsair system makes sure to send a proper signal to that header for this purpose. If you plug the Corsair into the wrong header, that signal does not get through.

THEN remember that the Corsair system does its own control of the CPU temperature using its Corsair Link software and communicating instructions to the pump unit via the USB2 cable to a mobo header. THIS is how the fans on the radiator are controlled to control the temperature inside the CPU chip. To allow the Corsair system to do that job, the radiator fans MUST be plugged into the sockets on the Corsair pump.

Breakdown13

Reputable
Jun 20, 2017
Thank you for help! So the only fans I need to adjust in the bios are the two chassis fans I have plugged in to chassis headers? The pump fans are all controlled through corsair link software?

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Adjustment of the automatic CPU cooling functions will be done solely through the Corsair Link software, which is the system actually doing that cooling control. Adjustments of the case cooling fans connected to mobo headers can be done through the BIOS Setup screens, although you may not need to do that. Most mobos are configured by default to do automatic control of the common case fans, but there are situations that require adjustments. In addition to using BIOS Setup, most mobos also come with a utility on their CD's that you can install as an application that runs under Windows, and gives you ways to examine and configure several items including the details of case fan operations. these are handy because they can be used and visible on your screen while you are doing actual work on your machine.