Question Corsair h100i v2 hot temps

tibsy

Reputable
Jul 10, 2019
Hi i recently put back my old corsair aio back in my small pc and i noticed the temps are way too hot. My i7 8700k was going berserk and i couldnt understand why. The cooler hasnt been used for months and i put it back in the box so couldnt get damaged.

When i ran a cinebench r15 test the cpu instantly when upto about 90 degrees celcius and then i turned it off. Idle temps are high as well. (In the 50 to 60 when not doing much at all.
You might need some tuning on the voltages and clocks, it really depends on the silicon. I do not run Cinebench but here is Prime95 with AVX 2.0 loads at 4.7GHz all cores for reference... If there is a big difference between the cooler temp reported by Corsair and the CPU temp, I think the thermal paste under the lid is bad...
EpQkSu7.png

tibsy

Reputable
Jul 10, 2019
You might need some tuning on the voltages and clocks, it really depends on the silicon. I do not run Cinebench but here is Prime95 with AVX 2.0 loads at 4.7GHz all cores for reference... If there is a big difference between the cooler temp reported by Corsair and the CPU temp, I think the thermal paste under the lid is bad...
EpQkSu7.png
I dont think the delidding will help because i attached a cheap single tower cooler to it for the time being and the temps are much better. They idle around 30-40 and during gaming it wont go over 70 degrees. I was also able to get through cinebench at stock settings and temps were surprisingly good at max 78 degrees

I dont think the delidding will help because i attached a cheap single tower cooler to it for the time being and the temps are much better. They idle around 30-40 and during gaming it wont go over 70 degrees. I was also able to get through cinebench at stock settings and temps were surprisingly good at max 78 degrees
Yep, in this case, there is something wrong with h100i or the fan settings are too slow/wrong for the pump. Is the USB connected? What do you see in iCUE?

tibsy

Reputable
Jul 10, 2019
Yep, in this case, there is something wrong with h100i or the fan settings are too slow/wrong for the pump. Is the USB connected? What do you see in iCUE?
Evrythings connected and i can change the fans speed and pump speed and hear it when it ramps up. Ive been doing some research and some people say that there could be air bubbles or somat in the loop. Is this true and how do i fix it?

AIO coolers do not last forever.
No maintenance is really possible.
Possibly when you put it back on you did not get the mounting secure or level.
If mounted well, and the pump and fan are working it is
time to replace it.

What is your case and the rest of your specs?

tibsy

Reputable
Jul 10, 2019
AIO coolers do not last forever.
No maintenance is really possible.
Possibly when you put it back on you did not get the mounting secure or level.
If mounted well, and the pump and fan are working it is
time to replace it.

What is your case and the rest of your specs?
I7 8700k
16GB Corsair Vengence DDR4 3000MHz
Asus Maximus X Hero
Asus strix gtx 1080ti 11gb Graphics Card
240 or 256gb samsung m.2 nvme
Corsair Hydro H100i v2 AIO Cooler
Corsair RM750X Gold Power Supply
Corsair 570x Case