[SOLVED] corsair H100i v2 red light

May 23, 2021
yesterday while I was using my pc just for discord I noticed it was way louder than usual, so I decided to restart it but it wouldn’t turn back on as the cpu temps were hitting 89°C and the corsair logo on my h100i v2 was red. I tried to start it up again and the same thing happened. Today it started up normally and the cpu temp is at around 30°C on idle while the ambient temp is at around 18°C, also while playing csgo for 15min it maxed its temp at 57°C. i’ve already ordered a new thermal paste from arctic but i’m yet to figure out what caused the cpu to hit 89°C at idle yesterday. Any ideas?

Solution
Depends on the AIO but most are only good for the warranty period before pump problems or internal clogs can become an issue. There are always exceptions and some people have had luck with them well beyond the warranty depending on cooler brand and even revisions within the same line of coolers. Personaly I have had one expensive AIO die within the warranty period and I've got one that's 6-7 years old still running fine on an older computer (that's on a low power cpu). If your H100i is out of warranty may want to start looking for a replacement cooler.
May 23, 2021
If I remember correctly, the red light is a temperature warning feature on the H100i V2; the liquid/cpu temperature is high.

I've got 2:
-Clog that got dislodged during the on/off cycles.
-Pump had a 'hiccup' and failed to start. I think I'm stretching it with this one...
Do you have any idea what I could do? I was thinking on buying a cooler master hyper 212, maybe try to unclog it if that’s possible or just leave it as is and use it until it finally dies on me

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Not much you can do about it - most of these units weren't intended to be serviced.
Make sure the pump's running via iCUE, physically checking the pump head for vibrations.
You can take the cooler out and gently shake it around a little to try and break it up, but it'll eventually come back; there's nowhere else for the debris/gunk to go.

A backup cooler is a good idea, and a must(IMO) when using hybrid coolers.
Is a Hyper 212 enough for the cpu you're using though?

Depends on the AIO but most are only good for the warranty period before pump problems or internal clogs can become an issue. There are always exceptions and some people have had luck with them well beyond the warranty depending on cooler brand and even revisions within the same line of coolers. Personaly I have had one expensive AIO die within the warranty period and I've got one that's 6-7 years old still running fine on an older computer (that's on a low power cpu). If your H100i is out of warranty may want to start looking for a replacement cooler.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution
May 23, 2021
Not much you can do about it - most of these units weren't intended to be serviced.
Make sure the pump's running via iCUE, physically checking the pump head for vibrations.
You can take the cooler out and gently shake it around a little to try and break it up, but it'll eventually come back; there's nowhere else for the debris/gunk to go.

A backup cooler is a good idea, and a must(IMO) when using hybrid coolers.
Is a Hyper 212 enough for the cpu you're using though?

Ok Thank you very much for the responses. I guess I'm gonna try to shake the debris off when I install the new thermal paste. I'm currently running an i7 7700 paired with an rtx 2060, 16 gb ram on an asus h270 pro.I mostly use it for csgo and school, so i think water cooling was already a little bit of an overkill from the beginning. and i really can’t afford to buy another water cooling solution as here in my country everything costs double or triple than what it cost in the us. The hyper 212 black edition already cost 90 bucks :/
I was planning on installing the 212 black edition with an added fan I have lying around. Do you think it's gonna be enough?

May 23, 2021
oh ok, that sucks. thanks for the response