Question Corsair HS60 problems

Sep 24, 2019
Hey everyone, I recently bought the coursair HS60 headset and it comes with a usb dongle which is suggested to be used. I used it at first and everything works fine, but after a while i realized that for some reason there is a very noticable and annoying static noise whenever any audio is playing. I tried plugging in the 3.5mm cable to my pc and audio worked even better than before. Now, I'm 99% sure that the microphone worked as well through this method and everything was fine for a while. Then a few days ago, I notice that the microhpone stopped working and I looked through the recording devices on windows 10 settings, and I could not find my headset at all. Only the playback device could be found and it works, but the microphone is no longer detected. Yes I've done all the basic troubleshooting and enabled it to show all devices and the microphone privacy thing, but the problem is that the headset is for some reason not connecting the microphone. Note that the HS60 actually has a detachable microphone that connects to the headset itself through a 3.5mm cable. I've seen online that this is what the dongle is for, but the problem is that I'm almost absolutely positive that the mic worked just fine before because I recall using it to play games on my phone and it was connected through the 3.5mm jack and everything worked. The problem now is that i tested it on my phone and it turns out that when I connect it through the 3.5mm jack, audio works but again the microphone is not detected at all. Right now my only fix is using the dongle for my pc, but the problem is the concerning terrible audio quality and static noise.
Any suggestions?

Hey everyone, I recently bought the coursair HS60 headset and it comes with a usb dongle which is suggested to be used. I used it at first and everything works fine, but after a while i realized that for some reason there is a very noticable and annoying static noise whenever any audio is playing. I tried plugging in the 3.5mm cable to my pc and audio worked even better than before. Now, I'm 99% sure that the microphone worked as well through this method and everything was fine for a while. Then a few days ago, I notice that the microhpone stopped working and I looked through the recording devices on windows 10 settings, and I could not find my headset at all. Only the playback device could be found and it works, but the microphone is no longer detected. Yes I've done all the basic troubleshooting and enabled it to show all devices and the microphone privacy thing, but the problem is that the headset is for some reason not connecting the microphone. Note that the HS60 actually has a detachable microphone that connects to the headset itself through a 3.5mm cable. I've seen online that this is what the dongle is for, but the problem is that I'm almost absolutely positive that the mic worked just fine before because I recall using it to play games on my phone and it was connected through the 3.5mm jack and everything worked. The problem now is that i tested it on my phone and it turns out that when I connect it through the 3.5mm jack, audio works but again the microphone is not detected at all. Right now my only fix is using the dongle for my pc, but the problem is the concerning terrible audio quality and static noise.
Any suggestions?
Have you downloaded software and drivers for the headset?