[SOLVED] Corsair hydro h100i v2 problems?

Jan 8, 2019
Basically i have a corsair graphite 780t case, with the stock 3 chasis fans, an asrock z170 pro4s motherboard, an i7-6700k cpu, rtx 2080 gpu, and for cooling a corsair hydro h100i v2. Now i don't know exactly the problem but my cpu is staying at 40-50 degrees Celsius even on <10% load, and while playing battlefield 5 all maxed out (no DXR) i reach 90-95 degrees. I have no ideea what the problem is, my ICUE is telling me the pump is working at ~3000 rpm and fans are at ~2400 rpm. I am sure the backplate is put well in place, as well as the thermal paste (as i have just reapplied it).
I have heard that this cooler has some problems with faulty pumps but mine seems to be working, so i have no idea what the problem is. Also for reference my cpu is going at 1.2 V maximum, full stock.

Solution
This means that the heat is not being transfered from the CPU to the Radiator. This can be because:
The CPU block is not mounted properly (eg thermal paste).
The pump motor is not running (eg, faulty or not plugged in)
The pump blades have broken off the motor
There is a blockage in the line
Evaporation has left the lines mostly dry and there is no fluid moving through the CPU block
The low quality coolant has precipitated forming a low thermal conductivity coating within the CPU block and radiator

AIO coolers are notorious for failure and being DOA.
What thermal paste do you have on the cpu?

winks42

Respectable
This means that the heat is not being transfered from the CPU to the Radiator. This can be because:
The CPU block is not mounted properly (eg thermal paste).
The pump motor is not running (eg, faulty or not plugged in)
The pump blades have broken off the motor
There is a blockage in the line
Evaporation has left the lines mostly dry and there is no fluid moving through the CPU block
The low quality coolant has precipitated forming a low thermal conductivity coating within the CPU block and radiator

AIO coolers are notorious for failure and being DOA.
What thermal paste do you have on the cpu?

Solution