bashenderiks

Reputable
Sep 2, 2017
Hello,
i am going to put a new cpu cooler in my build which comes with 2 140mm fans with highest speed 2000rpm, i also have 3 ll120 fans with highest speed of 1600 rpm. i want to mount it in the top of the case, but was thinking. if i put the hydro h115i with the 140mm fans on the bottem is it someway possible to get the 3 ll120 on the other side of the bracket of the case, i have a coolermaster h500m, and if this is possible is it bad that my ll120 fans only have a max speed of 1600 rpm where the 140mm have 2000 rpm?
Kind Regards,

Solution
You're overthinking things. The better configuration is mounting that radiator in the front, which your case supports, in order to retain the best practices orientation of using front for intake and top/rear for exhaust so that your intake fans are bringing in cool air and not fighting against the natural process of stack effect where heat is forced higher due to cooler air moving to the lowest points.

Use your additional fans as exhaust fans in the rear and top locations and use your water cooler in the front of the unit configured as intake, so that not only is the stack effect not disrupted but also so that you are both not trying to force all the heat out of areas it does not naturally want to go and also so that you are using the...
You're overthinking things. The better configuration is mounting that radiator in the front, which your case supports, in order to retain the best practices orientation of using front for intake and top/rear for exhaust so that your intake fans are bringing in cool air and not fighting against the natural process of stack effect where heat is forced higher due to cooler air moving to the lowest points.

Use your additional fans as exhaust fans in the rear and top locations and use your water cooler in the front of the unit configured as intake, so that not only is the stack effect not disrupted but also so that you are both not trying to force all the heat out of areas it does not naturally want to go and also so that you are using the MOST cool ambient air because the air will be technically cooler lower than it will higher.

You still MIGHT be able to set up a push pull configuration on the radiator, if you wish to, and it probably will help somewhat, but not a lot. I wouldn't expect to see more than a 2-4°C difference in cooling between normal configurations and push pull configurations on an AIO.

Solution

bashenderiks

Reputable
Sep 2, 2017

Use your additional fans as exhaust fans in the rear and top locations and use your water cooler in the front of the unit configured as intake, so that not only is the stack effect not disrupted but also so that you are both not trying to force all the heat out of areas it does not naturally want to go and also so that you are using the MOST cool ambient air because the air will be technically cooler lower than it will higher.

You still MIGHT be able to set up a push pull configuration on the radiator, if you wish to, and it probably will help somewhat, but not a lot. I wouldn't expect to see more than a 2-4°C difference in cooling between normal configurations and push pull configurations on an AIO.
Hello Darkbreeze,
thanks for your answer.
Kind Regards.