Question Corsair iCUE 220t top mesh cover concerns

rcsverige

Reputable
Mar 15, 2021
I have the iCUE 220t and it sits on the floor next to my desk. Our apartment is very small so I can put it on my desk or anywhere else really. Recently I started having some concerns especially as it relates to liquids. I frequently have drinks and there has been a time that I accidently tipped over a can which is where my concerns began. The top of the chassis has a magentic mesh dust cover which I would like to replace with a solid one but I cant seem to find anything. Was wondering if anyone has some suggestions. It would be greatly appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
The case never came with a solid panel for the top apart from the meshed magnetic dust filter. You could fabricate an acrylic panel to cover the top but your temps might suffer a little and you won't exactly stop the liquid from moving past the gaps, but you will delay the inevitable if you do have a spill on the top of your case. You should think about moving the case up top or maybe mounting it up your wall, behind the monitor or above it as a center piece in your setup, is one suggestion I can come up with, apart from changing out the case.

You could also have the system under your desk to avoid the liquid from getting onto the PC case in the first place.