Jul 12, 2019
Hello,
This is my first post on Tom's Hardware so hi to everyone here :)

I am currently running 32 gigs (16 x 2) of Corsair's Vengeance LPX at 2400Mhz (stock speed) and would like to upgrade to 64 gigs. I know that ideally I should just get a matching kit but it's not available where I am and I can't order it online. What is available (in good price) are G-Skill's Aegis 16 gig sticks running at 2666Mhz. The speeds and latencies are different from what I have but their voltage is the same (1.2v). I am aware that the 2666Mhz will run at 2400Mhz if paired and thats ok.

I know the usual (and plausible) answer to this type of query is "they may or may not work) but still I was wondering if someone else has mixed these two models or any other insights.
My system specs are i9- 7900x running on a Rampage 6 Extreme (x299) with an Asus GTX 1070 Turbo.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

It's not a matter of whether someone has mixed those two kits before, it's a matter of whether they have mixed your actual sticks on your actual mobo, it can be that picky. If you have 2x16 +2x16 of the same memory it may not work (as well as) 4x16 from the same pack.

Literally no-one can answer your question with conviction.