Corsair LUX Keyboard Line Now Widely Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustSayn

Honorable
Aug 31, 2016
I own one of these and one reason for wanting an aftermarket keyset is that the Corsair one has the non-alpha keys labeled in reverse to the convention. The "lower-case" character is on the top of the key whereas the "upper-case" character is on the lower half of the key.

That is kind of odd. Thanks for mentioning it, didn't notice going through the pics the fist time. Maybe they'll remedy it by offering a replacement key set with proper placement of chars for those who might want them.

JustSayn

Honorable
Aug 31, 2016

Since I am primarily a touch-typist, it doesn't impact me normally. Just knowing it is reversed makes it easy to mentally adjust when I do look for a seldom used key such as "{" vs "[". Overall I am quite pleased with the keyboard. The other niggle is the space bar feels cheap, but I am comparing it to the Northgate OmniKey Ultra I use on my main home machine. (26 years old and still going strong!)

No doubt, even with a caveat or two its still overall a quality keyboard.

Though seeing some of the specs and vids on yt on the Northgate OK Ultra, (with original Alps switches) I can see that thing is a beast! lol Their PC's may have gone out of style. Apparently their keyboards never really did. Even came across some restoration vids and reviews, some as recent as last year. I guess they just don't make em quite like that anymore. ;)

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Wait, why is the standard that the bottom row keys are all the same width aside from the spacebar? I thought it was common for the win and other key no one uses to be standard alphanumeric key size. Nearly all my keyboards were like this.

apk24

Reputable
Aug 6, 2015

I don't think it's something that needs to be remedied. As someone who lives in the dark, I prefer it that way. Since the upper one lights up more when backlit, it makes finding a key easier when you've lost it. It's also a lot less annoying in general since the secondary character will almost always be fainter, regardless of your lighting situation.

Unlikely. It seems to be a trend in the gaming keyboard lineups. My Logitech G710 does the same thing. Its the few things I honestly dislike with the keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.