[SOLVED] Corsair mp510. Sequential read speed SLOW.

Sep 9, 2019
I have the Corsair MP510 960gb install on my hp laptop as the boot drive. It took a lot of thought and planning to manage to clone the original sata m.2 boot drive to it when the laptop only has one m.2 slot but I finally did it. Anyway, after about a week of having the drive installed I decided to run the CrystalMark speed test to see how the drive is performing. For some reason, the sequential read speed was depressingly slow compared to the write speed. And yes, my m.2 slot supports PCIe. Any suggestions on how to improve this or why this is? I included a link of the results. Link to Results. I tried to upload a photo but I kept getting error messages

Solution
You might check to see if your laptop has a BIOS update available for it. Also check to see if there are any firmware updates for your NVME drive. Other than that, the only thing I can say is that something was borked during the process of your cloning operation and a clean install of windows might be the best thing you can do at this point to try and correct any problems.
You problem posting images is you cannot link to a gallery or page ending in html, etc. It MUST be a link that ends in an image format like .jpg, .png or .bmp that is hosted on an external site like www.imgur.com and you must use the "Direct link" or "Code for direct layouts" option when you copy the link from the hosted site.

You might check to see if your laptop has a BIOS update available for it. Also check to see if there are any firmware updates for your NVME drive. Other than that, the only thing I can say is that something was borked during the process of your cloning operation and a clean install of windows might be the best thing you can do at this point to try and correct any problems.

Solution