Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieBakes96

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
i have had my corsair psu for about 7 months, and recently it been making a high clicking and ticking noise constantly i have made a video of what the sound is lke link ----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxdbkPYcHFw, also cause my computer is under my desk i can lean it forward, when i do the clicking noise stops any help please.

CharlieBakes96

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013

should i open my PSU and try and fix it or just RMA

also will i lose my warranty if i open my psu

If you have to remove any stickers or anything in general that will reveal you opened your PSU and therefore void your warranty. I recommend you to RMA it since you've still got warranty left, that way you can get rid of the noise without compromising your warranty.

CharlieBakes96

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013

Thanks do you think i will be able to get free shipping to corsair because i havent go any money ATM i did look on the royal mail website and it will cost my £47.80 to mail it to them

CharlieBakes96

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013

i have flipped the psu so it is facing upwards towards the gpu i haven't encountered the ticking noise yet

It might be that whatever was hitting the fan got shifted out of the way or that the noise was actually coming from the fan and turning it the other way affected the motor somehow. But if the problem is gone, you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.