[SOLVED] Corsair RGB 120 Fan Questions

Dadstreamsgames

Prominent
Jul 7, 2020
I got an Corsair ML120 Pro RGB Fan. It has two cables coming out of it a 4 pin power cable, which I know what to do with and can get it powered and spinning. But, it has a second cable that says RGB hub and is a 4 pin female. I have a Corsair Power Node with some lighting strips but that hardware has 3 pin so I don't know where to plug in this 4 pin RGB Hub cable. Please help. Thanks.

Solution
The fan is RGB. The Corsair Node Pro is not, Corsair calls it RGB, but throw the word ADDRESSABLE in there in a few places. The Node is ARGB, not RGB and not usable for that particular fan.

You'd need a Commander Pro, not a Node Pro.

The only place possible to plug that fan into will be IF your motherboard has a 4pin - 5050 type RGB header.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The fan is RGB. The Corsair Node Pro is not, Corsair calls it RGB, but throw the word ADDRESSABLE in there in a few places. The Node is ARGB, not RGB and not usable for that particular fan.

You'd need a Commander Pro, not a Node Pro.

The only place possible to plug that fan into will be IF your motherboard has a 4pin - 5050 type RGB header.

Solution

Dadstreamsgames

Prominent
Jul 7, 2020
my motherboard is an aorus B450 I Wifi Pro and it does say it has a 5050 RGB four pin...so I will give that a try. That way I dont have to buy the commander. The node works fine for the light strips and I only have the one RGB FAN.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Rgb is a relatively new fad, it's taken a long time for most vendors to finally agree and settle on 5050 as a standard. For a long time there was little sympatico in any brand, they all had their own proprietary setups. 6pin rgb, 5pin rgbw, 3pin argb, strips with 12v, fans with 5v, Corsair even had the addlebrained idea to use a 3pin DC fan with a 4pin PWM style 5v rgb connector (short-lived, bone headed idea that blew up a bunch of stuff).

So verify everything. Should be 12v rgb 5050 to match the motherboard output.