Question Corsair RM850x Fully Modular RMx vs RMx + Cable

Spartagus423

Reputable
Nov 29, 2019

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
RMx + Cable means they are including a new style 12VHPWR connector which would fit the 3090Ti or any of the higher end 40 series cards from Nvidia.

It would not be useful for your 2080Ti, and it looks like Corsair is just trying to get rid of an unpopular color choice of black and white 'custom' cables they made.

RMx Shift supplies have the cables coming out of the side of the PSU. Corsair has a list of certified chassis here:

Basically, it would be maybe useful if your chassis is particularly wide and not very 'long'. If you have plenty of room for a longer than usual PSU, then there is little value.

Spartagus423

Reputable
Nov 29, 2019
My Fractal R5 is long not wide. So Probably Shift not worth. Thank you

So you are saying it isnt worth buying + cable option but if I wanted to get a bigger card like a 3080 ti would it be worth? I dont even know if a 3080 would fit in the same slot on my current MOBO this was my first computer I ever built going in blind so I am looking at options.

I might be buying a brand new premade pc in a year or two but I feel like I did a good job putting my PC together but I have been having issues with some crashing but havent had a crash since I updated my Graphics Drivers to latest drivers.

Was having issues when I play a game (The First Descendant + Streaming a movie on other screen + Streaming it on Discord) I would get black screen and my fans would kick up and I would have to hard reset my PC.

I checked Memory with Memtest 86 and no errors, I updated My graphics Drivers to latest, and My friend told me it could be my power supply so I was looking into maybe replacing PSU so That is why I am asking. I was also having an issue when I would play The First Descendant + Streaming it to my friend on Discord..As soon as he joined to watch it would play for like 2 min then would crash. Haven't had issues since I updated my Graphics Drivers

Last edited: