I have a R5 3600, windforce 2070s, Corsair 275R (not the airflow version), and I need a cooler for the CPU as well as Case fans. I'm not very educated on the cooling part, but the SP are much cheaper than the ML and come with Lighting node core instead of pro which I guess is better? But I also don't know whether to liquid cool or air cool my CPU, I'd like suggestions on both these matters pls, the cpu cooling as well as which fans are better?

Also the ML cost 65% more than the SP, is it worth it?

Solution
Okay, but is that worth the 60% price premium? Plus the SP's lighting looks way better to me, the SP (2×140 + 1×120) is $75 vs the ML (same) is $120 where I live

I own both, the lighting on the SP is not as good as the photo online suggests. The ML is noticeably better.

Performance wise aside from noise there is not a huge difference. You will also have more control with the 4 pin ML fans, using 4 pin headers if you have them. SP fans are for use with either a radiator or behind a dust filter. If you want airflow for case fans without a dust filter AF fans are preferable. ML fans are hybrid and can do both tasks.
ML fans are quieter, longer lasting, and the lighting in them is noticeably better. ML fans are also 4 pin PWM so you have better fan control. They are a hybrid design so they work well for both air flow and static pressure.
Okay, but is that worth the 60% price premium? Plus the SP's lighting looks way better to me, the SP (2×140 + 1×120) is $75 vs the ML (same) is $120 where I live

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

I own both, the lighting on the SP is not as good as the photo online suggests. The ML is noticeably better.

Performance wise aside from noise there is not a huge difference. You will also have more control with the 4 pin ML fans, using 4 pin headers if you have them. SP fans are for use with either a radiator or behind a dust filter. If you want airflow for case fans without a dust filter AF fans are preferable. ML fans are hybrid and can do both tasks.

Reactions: Prad_Bitt
Solution

TRENDING THREADS