Question Corsair TX750M clicking/eletric fence noise...

Sep 24, 2020
Hi guys, so a few weeks back I had the corsair CX750M 80 + Bronze psu, and it started to make a weird random clicking noise (even when the pc was off and the psu had the switch on). I read almost every post on this forum about this and decided to contact the seller because most of them sad it was dangerous. I received Corsair TX750M 80 + gold in exchange (payed the difference) and it made the same noise as soon as I turned the pc on. I don't want to contact them again because this psu is not in stock, and I can't really wait now because of work. I would like to know if it's safe to use it with that noise (some people said that this can cause the psu to explode), and if this is normal in corsair's psu. The noise is not loud, took me sometime to realize, but now it's almost impossible not to hear it. I don't think it's coil whine , because i have a gpu that has it, and the sound is very different (althought i do not know if coil whine in psu's sound the same). This is the sound:

ps: the noise continues with the switch off somethimes, so I have to unplug it from the socket. And somethimes the noise disapears, even when under heavy load.

Hi guys, so a few weeks back I had the corsair CX750M 80 + Bronze psu, and it started to make a weird random clicking noise (even when the pc was off and the psu had the switch on). I read almost every post on this forum about this and decided to contact the seller because most of them sad it was dangerous.

Links?

I received Corsair TX750M 80 + gold in exchange (payed the difference) and it made the same noise as soon as I turned the pc on. I don't want to contact them again because this psu is not in stock, and I can't really wait now because of work. I would like to know if it's safe to use it with that noise (some people said that this can cause the psu to explode), and if this is normal in corsair's psu. The noise is not loud, took me sometime to realize, but now it's almost impossible not to hear it. I don't think it's coil whine , because i have a gpu that has it, and the sound is very different (althought i do not know if coil whine in psu's sound the same). This is the sound:

ps: the noise continues with the switch off somethimes, so I have to unplug it from the socket. And somethimes the noise disapears, even when under heavy load.

I don't hear anything unusual.

The original and this PSU may be making noise for the same reason: Noise on the mains. This can be caused by high EMI or RFI introduced into the lines by other devices in your house.. or sometimes even outside of the house! (we once had a guy here who's PSU buzzed whenever his neighbor plugged in his electric car.)

Sep 24, 2020
Links?

I don't hear anything unusual.

The original and this PSU may be making noise for the same reason: Noise on the mains. This can be caused by high EMI or RFI introduced into the lines by other devices in your house.. or sometimes even outside of the house! (we once had a guy here who's PSU buzzed whenever his neighbor plugged in his electric car.)

Sorry about that, here are some of the posts that made me change the PSU in the first place:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/psu-electric-noise.2667330/
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/psu-electric-noise.2667330/
https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/a...-PSU-make-a-click-sound-when-I-turn-on-my-PC-

Thanks for the reply! The only thing I have tested that does not involve the pc itself was connecting the pc in different sockets, but the noise still remains. Can you tell me what tests can I make from my other devices to maybe find the problem?

Latest posts