Question corsair vengeance compatibility with msi mpg b550 gaming plus motherboard

Sep 13, 2024
right, so i am trying to decide what ram to buy for this build.

the cpu is a ryzen 7 5800x, gpu is 3060ti (dell/alienware variant).

motherboard is the msi mpg b550 gaming plus. checking the QVL list for this motherboard, this particular ram i want to buy does not appear: corsair vengeance lpx ddr4 3200mhz 2x16gb white, with part number CMK32GX4M2E3200C16W. altough the same ram appears as 8gb module in their list.

is there any good reason to think this ram would not work on this motherboard?

the part number of the ram that appears is almost identical, except for on letter:
CMK32GX4M2E3200C16W is the one i have in my basket on amazon, but this one appears in the QVL list: CMK32GX4M2B3200C16W

i dont know what this letter indicates...? no "E" variant is in their list. what does that mean?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
is there any good reason to think this ram would not work on this motherboard?
It is either of the two:
1. MSI didn't test that specific RAM at all.
2. MSI did test it and it didn't work.

Your call which of the two it is.

But if you want a guarantee, get the one in memory QVL. Else-ways, you're risking your RAM not working at 3200 Mhz, but instead 1866/ 2133/ 2400/ 2667/ 2800/ 2933/ 3000/ 3066 Mhz. Completely depending on what the RAM and MoBo settle at.

Sep 13, 2024
It is either of the two:
1. MSI didn't test that specific RAM at all.
2. MSI did test it and it didn't work.

Your call which of the two it is.

But if you want a guarantee, get the one in memory QVL. Else-ways, you're risking your RAM not working at 3200 Mhz, but instead 1866/ 2133/ 2400/ 2667/ 2800/ 2933/ 3000/ 3066 Mhz. Completely depending on what the RAM and MoBo settle at.
i just asked chatgpt and it said the E revision is newer, hence msi probably just didnt test it, but it would work fine.... thing is, i am building a white pc, so i'd absolutely want that particular white version of low profile corsair vengeance. other white ram are usually either much higher because RGB or unreasonably expensive...

i think i'm gonna give it a shot, fingers crossed.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
i just asked chatgpt and it said the E revision is newer
ChatGPT isn't some oracle, for anyone to believe it's responses as holy revelation. ChatGPT is slightly intelligent program, machine learned to give some responses.

E.g where is the proof of what ChatGPT said? Did it cite the sources of it's information?

other white ram are usually either much higher because RGB or unreasonably expensive...
Out of all color theme builds, building the white PC is actually the most expensive. Especially if you want white PSU as well.
Black would be the cheapest. Unicorn puke (ARGB) is also quite cheap, but depends what kind of LED control method you want. If software, then it gets expensive - fast.

Sep 13, 2024
ChatGPT isn't some oracle, for anyone to believe it's responses as holy revelation. ChatGPT is slightly intelligent program, machine learned to give some responses.

E.g where is the proof of what ChatGPT said? Did it cite the sources of it's information?

Out of all color theme builds, building the white PC is actually the most expensive. Especially if you want white PSU as well.
Black would be the cheapest. Unicorn puke (ARGB) is also quite cheap, but depends what kind of LED control method you want. If software, then it gets expensive - fast.
sure i dont think of chatgpt as a holy grail. but it scrubs the web and has probably read stuff i havent. and if it works for other people, i'm just gonna hope it will work for me too. i'm optimistic.

regarding the white pc: i mean i dont have a white motherboard, and my PSU is black, but the PSU isnt really visible anyway in the case that i have (white nzxt h5 flow with solid floor), so whatever. everything else would be white, ram, fans, aio.
and the cabled would be black... lets see, a black and white build.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
and if it works for other people,
Without ChatGPT citing it's sources, there is no way to tell if it is telling the truth or a lie. And that program itself can't tell a diff between truth and a lie, since it takes in whatever info is fed to it (both truthful and false) and forwards that info "as is".

For best info, contact Corsair and ask them directly. Since after all, they made the RAM and not ChatGPT.

regarding the white pc: i mean i dont have a white motherboard, and my PSU is black, but the PSU isnt really visible anyway in the case that i have (white nzxt h5 flow with solid floor), so whatever.
Not to critique, but to me, white PC = all components white.

E.g this nice, full white build,
pcpp: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/R924KX

CableMod custom sleeved power cables are there to complete the look. :)

Yours looks to be to become more like black & white theme.
But i digress.

Good luck building the build. :)

Sep 13, 2024
wow thanks for that! i was looking for something like this, but could only find some forum post with explantions.

Without ChatGPT citing it's sources, there is no way to tell if it is telling the truth or a lie. And that program itself can't tell a diff between truth and a lie, since it takes in whatever info is fed to it (both truthful and false) and forwards that info "as is".

For best info, contact Corsair and ask them directly. Since after all, they made the RAM and not ChatGPT.

Not to critique, but to me, white PC = all components white.

E.g this nice, full white build,
pcpp: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/R924KX

CableMod custom sleeved power cables are there to complete the look. :)

Yours looks to be to become more like black & white theme.
But i digress.

Good luck building the build. :)
sure i understand that chatgpt is not a particularly precise source of information. i tried to reach out to corsair through chat, but their chat service opens later, will do that when they open.