Question RTX 3080 giving low fps in almost any game

Sep 16, 2024
Hey maybe you could help me because i have having this problem for a time now. I bought a 3080 relatively cheap for the prices that are in my country. It came sealed with and with its original box. So i purged my drivers with DDU and started to install the new drivers, after that i noticed its giving me a lot less fps compared to the benchmarks.

So i came for a little bit of help, this is the result of the userbenchmark

UserBenchmarks: Game 40%, Desk 109%, Work 37%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - 106.1%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 - 29%
SSD: Kingston SNV2S1000G 1TB - 253.2%
SSD: Kingston SSDNow UV400 240GB - 90.2%
HDD: WD Blue 1TB (2012) - 75.3%
RAM: Unknown 3600 C18 Series 2x8GB - 97.9%
MBD: Asrock B550M Pro4

Sep 16, 2024
Yeah its using Top Slot, im trying the Gen 3 and seeing if its better

The PSU is a Gamemax VP-800W im daisy chaining (I think that's the term in english) so im putting the same line to power the GPU it shouldn't be that bad that it got a 29% in Userbenchmark or its something that could happen?
Change pcie gen from the default auto setting to gen 3 or 4 for the pcie slot the graphics card is using(top slot?), and see if it improves.

What's your power supply make, model and age?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
If it is only sitting on that frequency I would suggest that something is wrong. IDK what the warranty period is on these without looking, or if it can be honored where you are. It can be misleading about sealed in packaging as the plastic wrap stuff can be redone as it were.

Did the card give any indication of having been used? No dust, that nice new factory air smell (lol).

I picked up a 3070 new after the crypto boom went bust and stock became available again. It had issues just after purchase and I ended up having to send it back in. Nvidia sent me a replacement which performs pretty well but off and on still gives me issue with hardware acceleration.

I am not familiar with that power supply, but do you have two PCI cables or just one with two connectors? If you have two, use both one plug and see if there is improvement.
Of mention, what case is this all in?

As to UBM- The results you get from them are a composite of ALL systems tested with their benchmark. As time goes on your system reports being slower and slower because it is on a curve against the newest things being tested with it. They have been called out multiple times for a significant Intel bias.

Sep 16, 2024
If it is only sitting on that frequency I would suggest that something is wrong. IDK what the warranty period is on these without looking, or if it can be honored where you are. It can be misleading about sealed in packaging as the plastic wrap stuff can be redone as it were.

Did the card give any indication of having been used? No dust, that nice new factory air smell (lol).

I picked up a 3070 new after the crypto boom went bust and stock became available again. It had issues just after purchase and I ended up having to send it back in. Nvidia sent me a replacement which performs pretty well but off and on still gives me issue with hardware acceleration.

I am not familiar with that power supply, but do you have two PCI cables or just one with two connectors? If you have two, use both one plug and see if there is improvement.
Of mention, what case is this all in?

As to UBM- The results you get from them are a composite of ALL systems tested with their benchmark. As time goes on your system reports being slower and slower because it is on a curve against the newest things being tested with it. They have been called out multiple times for a significant Intel bias.
I had no dust, the factory new smell and the plastic wraps that covers the GPU.

Yeah im daisy chainin, so one cable and two connectors i was saving money till i can get a good one. In any case i guess i'll get a good PSU and then buy a new GPU when i saved enough money for it.

If it was cheap, then maybe you got a refurbished product. Which shouldn't be bad just for that, but in this case it may be.

And yes, that is a bad, pretty bad PSU choice for a RTX 3080.

You could:
1. Return the GPU (if posible?), and ask for a new one.
2. Try it on some good friend PC with a better PSU.

that GPU is overheating...not sure why did you cut gpu-z senzors, but it would tell you donw there its thermally limited right now, VRAM is melting at measly 625MHz..you do need to replace thermal pads and repaste (since youll be removing heatsink)