Question Corsair vengeance not lighting up. No boot screen.

Phiesta

Prominent
Apr 21, 2020
Hello everyone!

Currently I have an issue with my ram not being detected by my system. Weirdly enough, my entire system boots (fans, RGB, water pump) but my Corsair ram does not light up. No led error codes on my motherboard either. This issue just happened upon trying to upgrade from 2700 to 5800x. I was under the impression that my bios model would accept the 5800x but apparently I was mistaken.

Specs:

Ryzen 2700
32 GB (4x8gb) Corsair vengeance 3600mhz C18
TUF RTX 3090
Asus Prime Pro x570
Adata 500gb SSD
2x2 TB bara hard drives 7200rpm

My rig ran fine and everything this morning and I have anti-static mats and grounding straps on at all times. I have already performed CMOS battery pull, jumped the CMOS terminals and have taken out all but 1 stick of ram testing in different slots. I have reverted back to my 2700 to update my system but still the same issue.

To update for your 5800X you must Update the Bios with the 2700 installed.
You must have access to your Bios to use the EZ Flash3 utility.

Incase of Bios corruption then use the MB DVD to recover your original Bios.

Should the Bios not be accessible then it may be bricked in which case RMA the MB and see if your retailer can do a new Bios chip for you.

Phiesta

Prominent
Apr 21, 2020
To update for your 5800X you must Update the Bios with the 2700 installed.
You must have access to your Bios to use the EZ Flash3 utility.

Incase of Bios corruption then use the MB DVD to recover your original Bios.

Should the Bios not be accessible then it may be bricked in which case RMA the MB and see if your retailer can do a new Bios chip for you.

Exactly what has been done. I didn't even have power to my peripherals. I have heard of BIOS updates bricking boards but I have never heard of a CPU bricking a board. I would assume that a boot-loop would occur or a CPU post code/led would show. The Asus representative just said RMA and get a new one. I will be requesting the latest bios be flashed on there though. Take google with a grain of salt, 2407 does not support 5800x HAHA!

Thank you for the reply though.

I don’t know from where you got the idea that 2407 would support a 5800x.
On the support page for your mobo it is clearly stated that it needs 2606.
All motherboard makers have a similar page, usually under the heading ’support’ for each of their motherboards

Phiesta

Prominent
Apr 21, 2020
I don’t know from where you got the idea that 2407 would support a 5800x.
On the support page for your mobo it is clearly stated that it needs 2606.
All motherboard makers have a similar page, usually under the heading ’support’ for each of their motherboards
Simply scroll up. I stated that Google forums said 2407 was good. Nevertheless, I get an RMA with latest bios update.

Simply scroll up. I stated that Google forums said 2407 was good. Nevertheless, I get an RMA with latest bios update.
Yes, I saw that, but what I ment is that there are special places coming directly from the manufacturer where you should look, and that there is no need for random searches with Google.
Many people don’t even know that these support Web pages exist.

Aug 28, 2021
Hey mate! Just spent an hour trying to fix this myself. A client has a new Z490 Vision D mobo, using his previously used Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB ram.

Bios update did not fix it, using RGB Fusion didn’t either. What fixed it was:
  1. Install iCUE (corsair’s RGB control system)
  2. Hopefully your RAM is detected (if not, I’m not sure what else it do other than re-insert it into other slots).
  3. Click on your RAM > Device settings > Check for updates > click the three dots next to ‘no new updates’ > click ‘force update’.

this did the trick for me!