Question Corsair Vengeance RGB not showing up/being detected by iCUE ?

donutcoffee

Prominent
Jan 3, 2021
Hello, I have been trying for a few hours to change the color of my Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RAM. In particular, I am using 2 pairs of 2x8GB sticks, for a total of 32GB of RAM. The color is set to whatever the old owner set it to and I can't change it to anything else.

What I tried:
  • Installing CORSAIR iCUE v3.38.61. It installs and shows my system stats but does not show the RAM or the ability to configure it anywhere.
  • Installing CORSAIR iCUE v4.12.214. This similarly installs and shows system stats (including RAM) but doesn't show the ability to configure it anywhere.
My current system setup:
  • CPU: Ryzen 7 2700
  • RAM: (2x) 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz
  • Motherboard: ASUS ROG B450-F Gaming motherboard, on the latest BIOS (updated just a few days ago)
  • GPU: RTX 3070 FE
Could anyone help me figure out why I can't change my RAM color? Is there anything I am missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

donutcoffee

Prominent
Jan 3, 2021
Update: After following Corsair's instructions for controlling the RAM with ASUS Aura and tweaking some stuff in the BIOS (I set my RAM speeds to 3000MHz, they were previously at 2166MHz), I finally got the RAM to show up in ASUS Aura. However, the RAM sticks don't light up at all anymore. No idea why they don't and what I can do, but at least it's progress? Kinda? Quite strangely the RAM still doesn't show up in iCUE. It only shows up in ASUS Aura.