[SOLVED] Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB kit, XMP only working intermittently?

willyburns

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2014
Hi, this memory kit (CMW32Gx4M4C3200C16) refuses to boot every time without failing. I will have periods of sometimes two weeks where it will boot first time fine, and then it'll start hanging on the memory boot on and off for an indeterminate amount of time before resuming normal operation. The memory is installed in an 'ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme' motherboard, and my CPU is an 'i7 7820X' overclocked to 4.7 GHz @ 1.250V. I had kept it at 3000 MHz for ages as it was stable but it annoyed me that I'd paid for 3200 MHz and it wasn't working properly. Any ideas what is causing this? Is it anything I can try and rectify? Should I just buy some better RAM and throw this set in a lake? Thanks! 🤪

willyburns

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2014
BIOS version at this moment of time? As for your overclocking endeavors, take a look through this thread;
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthre...treme-cannot-boot-with-ram-3200mhz-or-3400mhz
and perhaps see if you're able to get to the mark.

I wouldn't invest in your current platform anymore, IMHO.

BIOS version is '3201'. I was keeping up with BIOS revisions but the RAM was stable at 3000 MHz and so I left everything alone. I'll give updating that a go.

And I wasn't really considering the life of the beast when I posted, but you're right about its age at this point. Thanks for the advice and the link, I'll have a look over it. 😵‍💫👍

Reactions: Lutfij