[SOLVED] Corsair vengeance rgb pro not detected by ICUE

Sep 23, 2018
Hey guys,
I recently finished my build and i'll put the specs at the bottom. So my problem is after finishing things up and booting into windows i head over to gigabyte's website to download all of the mobo drivers and one of which was RGB fusion (wasn't necessary but i wanted to take the rgb components in my build for a spin) and i tested the motherboard and the ram and GPU and all the RGB glory is working but then i downloaded ICUE for the Corsair ram and the software won't detect any of the 2 sticks. i looked it up and discovered that it's a common issue some were able to solve it but i had little luck in doing so.
any tips of how to get around it ?

i tried uninstalling RGB fusion
re-installing ICUE many times
trying different DIMM slot
trying one stick at a time
Updating bios
Trying an old bios version
Trying old ICUE version

specs:
B450 AORUS PRO (rev. 1.0)
amd ryzen 5 2600
AORUS RX580 8G
CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000MHz C15

Sep 23, 2018
Hey guys been experimenting and i finally fixed it at last so here's what I did, maybe that'll help someone:

I uninstalled all gigabyte's software .... all of them
uninstalled ICUE
used ccleaner to clean up any registry files.
Downgraded the bios to F1
installed ICUE again (didn't show up but continue)
i pulled out the ram and installed it in a friend's pc with a B250 chipset
fired up icue and walla.
changed the effects since it gets saved in the memory not by the mobo so when i swap the mobo again the effects will remain
I installed it again on my B450 and i updated the bios to F5
windows boots and all of the sudden ICUE detects the memory on my B450

I really don't know what was what probably the bios or changing the mobo to jump start the rams i really don't know but that's what i did...i hope someone finds it helpful.

Sep 23, 2018
Hey guys been experimenting and i finally fixed it at last so here's what I did, maybe that'll help someone:

I uninstalled all gigabyte's software .... all of them
uninstalled ICUE
used ccleaner to clean up any registry files.
Downgraded the bios to F1
installed ICUE again (didn't show up but continue)
i pulled out the ram and installed it in a friend's pc with a B250 chipset
fired up icue and walla.
changed the effects since it gets saved in the memory not by the mobo so when i swap the mobo again the effects will remain
I installed it again on my B450 and i updated the bios to F5
windows boots and all of the sudden ICUE detects the memory on my B450

I really don't know what was what probably the bios or changing the mobo to jump start the rams i really don't know but that's what i did...i hope someone finds it helpful.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS