Corsair's First Gaming Chair Debuts At CES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Th3pwn3r

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
I hope they have different sizes. Anyone with any love handles is going to hate these racing buckets...hope they have different colors/no colors as well.

soccerdude84

Reputable
Apr 13, 2014
I don't know why every gaming chair has to have dumb flaps on either side of the seat and backrest, all they do is limit your freedom of movement. Unless you're actually playing a racing sim you're better off with an ergonomic chair.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
These are called side bolsters, and they're what Th3pwn3r was talking about. I totally agree about the ergo chair. Aside from affecting fit, the bolsters also limit air circulation and make the chair hotter.

To me, they're utterly pointless, unless your racing seat has actuators that physically toss you around. The reason sports cars have them is that when you're pulling up to 1 G of lateral acceleration, they help keep you from sliding around. A proper racing harness does a better job, however. Either one makes the car more controllable, because you can't steer as well when you're also having to use the steering wheel to hold yourself in place.

BTW, I lol at anyone using a racing harness in a street car. They're damn inconvenient, in day-to-day use. And without an anti-submarining loop, 4-point harnesses are more dangerous than the factory 3-point belts.

Th3pwn3r

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011

Jay_128

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
This looks like a rebadged E Blue Cobra chair. I personally wouldn't spend 350 on a low quality product. For 150 more you can get a Herman Miller.

serendipiti

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
This chair has wheels ? it is a car racing tuned office chair ? it has some sort of brake (hardcore gaming resistant), any kind of extras (some kind of stand to place pedals) ? I prefer the "one body" armchair style with inclination suspension...

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
549 is a lot of hp, for FWD. My RWD doesn't even make that much. Anyway, I was talking about functional 3-point belts.
; )

But the problem with a racing harness is that it doesn't have that retractor. So, if you're properly strapped in, it's difficult to do things like tuning your radio. Anyway, if you go with 4-point, I'd recommend Schroth. The cam-style buckles are nicer, but you have to get the red push-button for them to be DOT-legal.

At track events, it's not uncommon for instructors to have to switch students because one cannot fit in the racing seat of a student's car.

ashburner

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
I started working from home almost 10 years ago and my first purchase was an $1100 Steelcase Flex chair. 10 hours a day, 10 years later and it is still perfectly comfortable and a great gaming chair as well.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
OMG, the way you started that post had me so close to reporting it as spam.

I also have a Steelcase (Leap chair, in my case). Good investment. Held up 15 years and still going (except for the cushions, which are replaceable on mine).

The one thing that racing chairs need which isn't necessarily addressed by ergo chairs is to lock in place, for fine actuation of the foot pedals.

Nintendork

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Taking racing chairs as base is plain stupid and the design will always be uncomfortable in a non-moving surface. The best gaming chairs are executive/office chairs, those are meant for 8hours+, they MUST BE COMFORTABLE.

nycalex

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2009
Garbage chair.

it's a $100~$150 chair that gets overpriced to $300+ just because they add "gaming" into it.
I had a DXracer gaming chair ($350). it looked cool, but it wasn't confortable at all.

i have since sold it and bought me a herman miller. yes the herman is more expensive than any gaming chair, but it's 10000000000000000 times more confortable.

kittle

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
Got my Herman miller chair for my home PC about 7yrs ago. It came "standard" with a 12 year warranty, and its extremely comfortable.
Cost me $850 at the time, but spread that cost over 7yrs, and its been a bargain. Especially when i watch friends drop $200-300 into new and shiny chairs + have to deal with uncomfortable seating while things are falling apart.

Its also one of those "mesh" types that provides nice air circulation, so I dont need to run the a/c at such high levels when it gets warm -- saves me more $$ that way.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
These chairs are terrible and anyone who call themselves a gamer or content creator on Youtube sitting in one of these ridiculous chairs should be ashamed of themselves for promoting these chairs.

Corsair have just reached a new level of low where they have to sell "gaming chairs". Whats next? RGB intergraded in the to gaming chairs?

Years ago I started sitting is a Raynor Ergohuman ME7ERG. Best decision I ever made! Fully mesh to allow air circulation, lumbar support, adjustable headrest and arms. None of this bucket seat nonsense!

Goldflag

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016
I wish there were more plush and comfy gaming chairs. Even the most comfortable dxracer chairs are <a href="http://pandatechie.com/dxracer">pretty stiff</a>.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS