Cougar's 200K Gaming Keyboard Has Scissor Switches

Status
Not open for further replies.
At first I thought this would be aimed at laptop users for it's low profiles keys but why would you pay for a separate keyboard that has poor switches when one is built into your laptop?

The only notable features are lighting and the number of key presses. Still though, at that price, I can get full width keys with the same features.

Fishwithadeagle

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
In all honesty, my scissor switch keyboard just broke and was either going to get this one or the one from perixx. I find that I like typing on the low profile switches a lot more than the mechanical keyboards, which is why i go with them. I just happened to see this on newegg, but thought it was a cheap chinese brand. We'll have to see what kind of reviews it gets

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
At $30 with 7-color backlighting, there's not much reason to complain. I don't mind scissor switches - everyone has their own preferences, and I can understand why a lot of people would prefer the lower-profile keys with a really short travel distance. I have a full-size keyboard, and I don't necessarily consider it 'better' than a smaller one. It's just different is all.

carcharocles_theory

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2010
In all honesty, scissor switches need more love. It's nice to see someone paying attention to them. Not everyone can afford a mechanical keyboard, and most rubber dome keyboards are mushy garbage. But if your only complaint about mechanical switches is how tall they are, you really should think about going Cherry ML. They have about the same height as a scissor switch, but the feel of the more common Cherry MX.

You mean this?

Last edited by a moderator:

D_McG

Reputable
Jan 21, 2015
Backslash key is in the wrong location; should be between Backspace and Enter on the second row next to the brackets/braces. That's a deal breaker right there for me.

hartss300

Reputable
Jun 30, 2015
I bought this and am typing on it right now and I love it. It has anti ghosting and has 7 different colors orange, blue, green, purple, light blue, lime, and a even lighter blue. It also has a mode where it cycles through all the colors. Oh and It also has a mode where its just off. But for a entry level gaming keyboard its great. I mostly got this because I have the bigger keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.