Could My D4100 Handle This Video Card

I've asked before here what the most powerful video card the motherboard
on a 4 yr. old Dimension 4100 PIII 866 could handle is.

Anyway, I might have a chance to be given a Geforce 4MX (this is what I'm
told it it is). I really do wonder if it isn't too advanced for my
motherboard. IIRC I was told here my m'board couldn't handle anything over
the 4 AGP type of card. I don't know anything about the Geforce 4MX--so,
is it going to be more than my motherboard can handle? Thanks :).

Marilyn B.

"Marilyn E. Burford" <burford@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote in message
> I've asked before here what the most powerful video card the motherboard
> on a 4 yr. old Dimension 4100 PIII 866 could handle is.
>
> Anyway, I might have a chance to be given a Geforce 4MX (this is what I'm
> told it it is). I really do wonder if it isn't too advanced for my
> motherboard. IIRC I was told here my m'board couldn't handle anything over
> the 4 AGP type of card. I don't know anything about the Geforce 4MX--so,
> is it going to be more than my motherboard can handle? Thanks :).
>
> Marilyn B.

Marilyn -

Yes, it can handle that card, which is likely an AGP 4x/8x card.

I've used the GeForce4 Ti 4200/128mb 4x/8x AGP card in our 4100 with no
problems.

The card will simply operate at 4x speeds. Your mb supports AGP 2x/4x if
memory serves.

hth

Stew

TRENDING THREADS