Could my GA-B75M-D3H be incompatible with an ASUS GTX970 Turbo because of SATA slots?

Bloody George

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015
Hello, folks,

I've got a Gigabyte B75M-D3H micro-ATX motherboard and I've bought an ASUS GTX970 Turbo last night. I checked everything in terms of compatibility with the PCI-E slot, PSU, and the size of the card (quite a spatious one, about 26cm while my Zotac GTX960 is 21cm-long). Thing is, while double-checking my rig today, I've noticed that my SATA connectors may be a problem when plugging in the new VGA.
What do you think? Is it protruding enough so there'll be a room conflict with the graphics card? Does anyone else have a similar build so you can enlighten me?

I'm sending you guys a picture of the whole thing. As you can see, the PCI-e slot is at the same "height" as the whiteish SATA connectors. I could plug the VGA into the second PCI-e connector, but then it would conflict with the front panel connectors which are at the same level :-(

QU4ZGiA.jpg

I appreciate any help,
George.

Bloody George

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015
Thanks a lot for the swift answer, Tesetilaro! My worry is not that my SATA connectors will be blocked, but that my graphics card will not plug all the way to the end of the PCI-e slot because those protruding white SATA connectors will obstruct the VGA by some milimeters.