• Enter here for a chance to win a custom MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries themed PC powered by Intel!

Question Could my PSU Cause micro-stutters?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 12, 2021
How do you figure? If a PSU is overloaded, it shuts down.

This is probably a bad video card or a motherboard in need of a BIOS update.
I think I'm going to call amd Monday and try to see if it is a bad gpu. I didn't change anything when going from a 3070 > 6900 xt hardware wise. Just the card and drivers so there isn't anything else I can think of. I'm going to freak when I have to rma it and be out a gpu for a decade. I'm just going to snag my girlfriends 2070 super 🤷‍♂️. It's technically mine anyway.

I think I'm going to call amd Monday and try to see if it is a bad gpu. I didn't change anything when going from a 3070 > 6900 xt hardware wise. Just the card and drivers so there isn't anything else I can think of. I'm going to freak when I have to rma it and be out a gpu for a decade. I'm just going to snag my girlfriends 2070 super 🤷‍♂️. It's technically mine anyway.
Okay so when switching from a nvidia gpu to radeon did you use ddu?

Apr 12, 2021
Okay so your bios is upto date.
You have latest drivers.
Is your mobo drivers proper?
Can you do a few things with your system settings. Do you have much experience with system/file settings
I wouldn't say I'm a newbie, but I don't know how to launch rockets or split atoms either. What are you thinking?

ASK THE COMMUNITY