[SOLVED] Could my PSU Cause micro-stutters?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 12, 2021
I went from a 3070 to a RX 6900 XT and since day one I have been getting micro-stutters every few minutes when I game. I have tried a fresh install and format of my drive, undervolting, disabling resizable bar and numerous other things. The only thing I have left to try is upgrading my PSU (Currently a Thermaltake 850W Gold). I am wondering if this could be the culprit? Temps when gaming are great... 70-80 degrees tops, I have a lot of components in my rig and when I did the calculator, it said that I could peek at 740w. I've seen the card spike to 271w on a few occasions. This is my setup:
Gigabyte x570 Master
5900x
RX 6900
4 Dimms or 3600mhz ram (32gb)
2 NVME SSDs
11 Corsair Fans
Kraken AIO
2 Controllers for the fans
2 monitors About 8 USB devices including Corsair KB and mouse
4 LED strips.
I am out of options after this and I am just trying to get some feedback on if getting a 1000w 80 Gold PSU might help.

Apr 12, 2021
How do you figure? If a PSU is overloaded, it shuts down.

This is probably a bad video card or a motherboard in need of a BIOS update.
I think I'm going to call amd Monday and try to see if it is a bad gpu. I didn't change anything when going from a 3070 > 6900 xt hardware wise. Just the card and drivers so there isn't anything else I can think of. I'm going to freak when I have to rma it and be out a gpu for a decade. I'm just going to snag my girlfriends 2070 super 🤷‍♂️. It's technically mine anyway.

I think I'm going to call amd Monday and try to see if it is a bad gpu. I didn't change anything when going from a 3070 > 6900 xt hardware wise. Just the card and drivers so there isn't anything else I can think of. I'm going to freak when I have to rma it and be out a gpu for a decade. I'm just going to snag my girlfriends 2070 super 🤷‍♂️. It's technically mine anyway.
Okay so when switching from a nvidia gpu to radeon did you use ddu?

Solution