Question Could port forwarding be called Virtual servers and if so how do I setup it???

Traditore

Honorable
Private IP: IP of your PC
Private port (start\end): range of port you want to froward. If you need one, you input the same port in both fields
Protocol: should be stated by the application you're forwarding the port for, otherwise leave TCP or create for both TCP and UDP

Reactions: digitalgriffin

digitalgriffin

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2008
You also need to check to see if your WAN side IP (The one your ISP gives your modem) is static or not. If you have a dynamic IP (Most likely because static is used by businesses and thereby cost more because ISP's are jerks that way) you'll have to use a DNS service and your router will have to support it.

This will notify the DNS server that your WAN IP has changed. There are fees associated with having a DNS however. It all depends on what web service you need/want to set up.

If this is a dedicated server you do NOT want to have access to the rest of your network, you set it up in the DMZ.

https://eu.dlink.com/uk/en/support/faq/cameras-and-surveillance/mydlink/settings/router/how-do-i-configure-dynamic-dns-on-my-dir-series-router

Reactions: TJ Hooker

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS