Couldn't install ubuntu full version from demo

mnamz

Reputable
Sep 23, 2015
I recently installed Ubuntu iso into unetbootin. So, it brought me to demo version of Ubuntu, I don't have optical disk drive / any spare usb to install it. I've tried installing full version through demo version but it seems not to be working, can't find user I've created during installation (still running demo version and stuck at here since I've change primary OS boot to unetbootin and the keyboard doesn't seems to be working when I'm about to boot Window 7(still working as bootable OS but given option in dual boot as I mentioned at above)).
So, is there any alternative I can do to complete installation of Ubuntu? I just found out that I can choose partition to install (http://imgur.com/gCPU9Jm) but I don't continue on that since I think it'll ruin my windows/hard disk. Thank you.

Solution
The live-cd is supposed to be used to install the OS onto somewhere. The user/password you create during the installation process takes effect post-installation (i.e., once Ubuntu is installed and you reboot, you can login into the system).

In the screenshot posted, you've yet to partition the drive. I would probably change the amount, as giving Linux about 500 GB is probably overkill.

First you partition, then you install. Until this happens, nothing is going to change.

itmoba

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015
The live-cd is supposed to be used to install the OS onto somewhere. The user/password you create during the installation process takes effect post-installation (i.e., once Ubuntu is installed and you reboot, you can login into the system).

In the screenshot posted, you've yet to partition the drive. I would probably change the amount, as giving Linux about 500 GB is probably overkill.

First you partition, then you install. Until this happens, nothing is going to change.

Solution