Counter-Point: The Best and Worst Star Trek Movies

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
Aaron and Rob both love Star Trek, but when it comes to the franchise\'s feature films, they don\'t agree on much (well, other than that odd-numbered movie curse thing being a silly superstition). The two editors re-rank all 10 Star Trek movies from top to bottom - and the results may surprise you.

baseline

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2005
How can I be expected to respect the opinion of anyone who would put Generations anywhere but last on any list of TNG movies?

Did you even actually watch TNG? Generations was a pathetic attempt to conclude every TNG character line in one go. They made Picard into a sobbing skirt, Data became human, Geordi gets new eyes, Riker the Hero of Earth in the "Borg Scare" gets spanked by the Duras sisters and they learn to never let a woman drive as Deanna crashes the ship. The only reason for axing Kirk was a lame attempt to drag the notoriously nostalgic TOS fans to the box office.

The reason for cutting Wesley Crushers scenes from Nemisis is simple they had no place in the movie and it was a terrible idea to even shoot them as he was not in Star Fleet anymore he was a traveler.

One thing we do agree on is that Berman is the worst thing to happen to ST.

chomxxo

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2006
Plot concept for next Star Trek movie? Involve Q. He was the most interesting villain in The Next Generation. He was the perfect intellectual foil for Jean-Luc Picard.

Q introduced the crew to the Borg; there are an infinite number of possible challenges he could create for "Mon Capitan" and the rest of TNG crew with his bemused attempts to shock the human race fast forward in its evolution.

DaddyLyuLyu

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2006
I know a lot of people are TNG fans. I, however, am a Voyager fan. Do you guys think that they will come out with a Voyager movie? I like Capt. Janeway's bitchiness and her flippant attitude that seems to be behind her every action. And of course, the obviousness would be that 7 of 9 (Jeri Ryan) is DAMN hot!

To me, I enjoy the crew of the Voyager because it seems to invovle more of their life stories instead of just one or two people giving commands to the rest of the crew. In Voyager, there are day-to-day conflicts with personalities, trouble in the mess hall, romantic interests gone wrong, things that we do and encounter on a daily basis.

I've watched Voyager through all 7 seasons and was very sad the day it went off air. I've bought all of them on DVD and watch it regularly - wishing that the studios would make a movie. I've signed online petitions for them but so far, it doesn't look promising.

I hope there are a few Voyager fans out there that can relate with my experience with the show and the disappointment in their lack of movie. TNG was the staple of a lot of us growing up, but Voyager was what kept my interest in the ST franchise.

TTFN