Counter-Strike Gamer Hunts Down, Stabs Man

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drag0nR1der

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2007
umm, what the hell. This is the kind of article I'd expect from a scare scaremongering, technophobic, tabloid.

The guy tried to kill someone because he's mentally deficient or unbalanced in some way. Playing a game has nothing to do with it, it would have been some other reason if not this, some other reason that no other normal rational person would consider grounds to go and find someone and thrust a piece of sharp metal in to them.

Drag0nR1der

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2007
[citation][nom]badaxe2[/nom]They shouldn't have even wasted tax payer dollars on a court hearing for this waste of life. A .45 caliber round to the head would've been far more effective.[/citation]

lol not to mention ironically fitting.

G

Well, as a french citizen, i can assure you, in france, you ll get sentenced to longer time in jail if you drive too fast, evade tax, hurt someone badly WHILE defending yourself, than if you like children TOO much, or if you try or succeeed to kill or rape someone.
NIark, love my country ;)
(the world is doomed, justice in france is the herald

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
(continued from accidental submit of post) everything would have been fine. Barreaux should be set free!

But seriously this is crazy and this is why mentally unstable people shouldn't play these types of games.

dEAne

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
Im also a counter strike fan for many years, the game inspired me to win in a firing competition but I will never do such naive thing on hurting others with a knife or a gun.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]tainted_peak[/nom]Surprised that guy didn't bleed to death being that close to his heart.[/citation]Wow, I didn't know police provide medical assistance. When did they start doing this? /s

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]JerseyFirefighter[/nom]Two years for attempted murder? I have to admit that I would've expected this a long time ago... but 2 years for attempted murder?!?!?![/citation]It's France. They narrowly escaped surrending to the guy!

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]2inthepink1inthestink[/nom]BREEEEEEEEEEE "I KNOW YOU HACK **GOT. DOn'T MAKE ME CALL AN ADMIN!"[/citation]LOL I love how the one guy's model lags and stutters as he falls over dead, just like real CS. :p

drowned

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
How the hell did he track him down? Even if you got his IP address it's not exactly easy to find out who was assigned that address.

And 2 years is BS...and France calls themselves "civilized"? In the US that kid would get 10 years for that much premeditation.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]AlexTheBlue[/nom]It's France. They narrowly escaped surrending to the guy![/citation]

Shhhh I don't want to get conscripted in order to save their ass again. They are making progress, they didn't surrendered to the Talibans yet, ok they are hiding in the north but still.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]Wow, I didn't know police provide medical assistance. When did they start doing this? /s[/citation]

He used his emergency white flag in order to stop the bleeding. Everybody in France carry a white flag at all time, you never know when and where you are going to surrender.

Status
Not open for further replies.