Discussion CP2077

• Thread starter Deleted member 2838871
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2838871

I finally started Cyberpunk 2077 last night. I purchased it on 2020 release day but due to the overwhelming performance issue complaints from all directions it has been collecting dust in my GoG library. I never actually played it.

Until now.

So for those of you that have… how is the game overall?

I’m very impressed so far in the first couple hours. Graphics are stunning and hopefully the story will be too.

Kinda has a GTA feel to it. I also read something about an expansion and sequel in the works which is why I wanted to get started.

I never bought this game though due to reasons I will mention afterwards, but can this game run on Intel Core i7 4790's igpu ? The Intel HD Graphics 4600. :D :D
How many FPS can I get, since I'm GPU-less since past 2 weeks. :gun: But the graphics are really good though !

Btw, I think there is no ETA on the Game's sequel/DLC.

PS: Sorry to derail your Topic. ;)

D

Deleted member 2838871

No worries man. To answer question… probably not all that well.

I’m not worried about waiting for the DLC… I don’t have enough time as it is to do all the gaming I try to do.

Diablo 4 has already been purchased and I am really considering SnowRunner… that sim looks amazing.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
My take is much like GTA as well. I don't care for the mechanics of fighting/shooting at all. The biggest detractor to me is that you can't simply do a mission without many many other distractions (phone calls) and other side missions to try and pull you from the main story. The game isn't actually too long if you stay directly on point with the storyline and only the side missions you have to do. Other than that, it gets really Witcher on you as far as riding, and riding, and riding (and riding).

The game looks beautiful if you have the hardware. It is great to use as a benchmark for a point in time comparison to the hardest game to play (aside from optimizations). I really don't enjoy playing it.

D

Deleted member 2838871

@punkncat Thanks for chiming in! I played GTAV religiously but don’t care to revisit it. RDR2 I have a little time in and plan to go back to… with some CP2077 thrown in. I do like the open world stuff so we’ll see.

So many games… so little time.

D

Deleted member 2838871

The game looks beautiful if you have the hardware.

I'm derailing it some more... I finally got around to setting up OBS with my mic... etc.. and recorded some test footage of Forza Horizon 5 on max settings. It looks out of this world amazing and the PC (obviously) had no problems running the game and the streaming setup at the same time.

Once I get through my testing/learning phase I'll post some videos and share.

D

Deleted member 2838871

You are playing Forza Horizon 5 now ?

LOL yeah... I've kinda went on a shopping spree in the last week. Forza... SnowRunner... Diablo 4 and Street Fighter 6 (both launching today with D4 being early access)... and also picking up Dying Light 2 on sale.

19 games in the Steam library... I really need to stop but F1 23 launches on the 15th. :ROFLMAO:

Gonna post the Forza video I just made in my racing thread... will tag you.