Question CPU and GPU running VERY poorly in 3DMark ?

Jun 9, 2023
Hey all! I recently upgraded to a 4070 TI and a Ryzen 5900X. It feels somewhat like my gaming performance hasn't improved to the extent that I thought it should, so I ran a timespy benchmark and it seems like something isn't quite working right. Utilization on the GPU test doesn't seem like it ever breaks over 70%, but temps remain pretty low for both GPU and CPU, neither breaking over 60-70 degrees.

CPU is set to Auto OC, and GPU is OC'd by Curve Optimizer in Afterburner. Bios is set to XMP.
GPU got a score of 11368, CPU had a score of 12005.

Other related info:
Currently using a B550 Asrock Phantom Gaming Velocita
32gb 3200mhz ram
CPU cooled by a Corsair H150i AIO cooler.

Any ideas what to try to remedy these strange results? Average Time Spy score for these parts is 20281, and I'm hardly hitting half of that currently.

4745454b

Titan
Did you reinstall windows after the upgrade? Everything else looked right, assuming 3dmark read everything correctly. Do you really have a 240GB SSD? Any chance it's full and effecting things somehow?

Jun 9, 2023
Have not reinstalled Windows yet, should I be doing that after hardware upgrades?

I ran DDU and cleared out old GPU drivers and ended up boosting that score to 20,000. So something must've been really screwed up there.

Unfortunately I do still use a 240gb SSD as my system drive, I really need to upgrade that at some point but I do have 60gb free on there, so it's not without breathing room.

Reactions: 4745454b
D

Deleted member 2838871

Unfortunately I do still use a 240gb SSD as my system drive, I really need to upgrade that at some point but I do have 60gb free on there, so it's not without breathing room.

That would be the first thing I'd fix... ASAP. SSD prices are as low as they've ever been. If you're getting just one drive I'd go with 2TB at a minimum.