[SOLVED] CPU and monitor turns ON, then CPU turns off after less than a minute and monitor says No Signal

Sep 22, 2020
Help :(

Tried some troubleshoots for it: checking loose cables, cleaning RAM, CMOS battery, video card, no bulging capacitors, but then what happens, CPU turns on, monitor turns on as well (was even able to type my computer password; once it even reached main display) after few good minutes CPU turns off, monitor displays no signal then turns off as well.

Confused as of the moment of what went wrong. Would i be able to save it still without having to buy new parts?

Thank you for your time. Appreciate your help.

Solution
Keyboard no, mouse yes
According to the pic which you had uploaded it does show that that usb is initialised, try pressing the num lock for a while and see if it works after that (hopefully you see a light if not still continue with the following) remove the cmos for 15mins and remove any extra peripheral like printer or usb or anything, just keep the keyboad and display cable connected to your mobo and again immediately after pressing the power button start with clicking F1.
Help :(

Tried some troubleshoots for it: checking loose cables, cleaning RAM, CMOS battery, video card, no bulging capacitors, but then what happens, CPU turns on, monitor turns on as well (was even able to type my computer password; once it even reached main display) after few good minutes CPU turns off, monitor displays no signal then turns off as well.

Confused as of the moment of what went wrong. Would i be able to save it still without having to buy new parts?

Thank you for your time. Appreciate your help.
What about temps did you check that?? Might be that thermal compound has dried up

You were right about this, thank you so much! but new problem, mouse and keyboard does not work, can't even enter to BIOS. Both are not defective as it works on another unit.
Does your keyboard works in windows?? Or only during the initially boot it does not work? Try using different usb ports and even try in front usb ports of your case if that doesnt help reset your bios by removing the cmos battery for a few minutes.

Sep 22, 2020
Does your keyboard works in windows?? Or only during the initially boot it does not work? Try using different usb ports and even try in front usb ports of your case if that doesnt help reset your bios by removing the cmos battery for a few minutes.
I don't know much, can't even proceed on anything from here , tried spamming f1 and f2 keys; already did all those you suggested still does not work
122326770-2671598016427737-8653557294545584255-n.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2020
I guess you tried posting a image it isn't available?? How did the problem started?? All of a sudden or you faced some issue before too. What troubleshooting method have you tried??
yes, it does appear on my end ( https://pasteboard.co/JwZUOdS.jpg ). After fixing the first issue as posted in previous posts, this happened (no problem ever since). Tried pressing the power button for 30 seconds, removed cmos battery, tried spamming f1 and f2 keys upon turning on

xravenxdota

Reputable
Aug 26, 2017
Just my 2 cents.First thing first.Unplug the usb thumb drive.A lot of pc's doesn't like a device in(tries to boot from usb)Second thing do you have a ps2 keyboard?although it should still pick up a normal usb keyboard But in case it doesn't it may be that the bios doesn't have legacy mouse/keyboard enable thus the reason it doesn't boot with kbd support.Doesn't seem to list your pc specs(or maybe i missed it im half blind :D)Older pc's has more tendency to not work unless legacy are enabled in bios.

Sep 22, 2020
Just my 2 cents.First thing first.Unplug the usb thumb drive.A lot of pc's doesn't like a device in(tries to boot from usb)Second thing do you have a ps2 keyboard?although it should still pick up a normal usb keyboard But in case it doesn't it may be that the bios doesn't have legacy mouse/keyboard enable thus the reason it doesn't boot with kbd support.Doesn't seem to list your pc specs(or maybe i missed it im half blind :D)Older pc's has more tendency to not work unless legacy are enabled in bios.
Not really in depth on these stuff, i have usb keyboard. I'll try what you suggested. Thank you! and yes, i didn't list the specs peace!

Keyboard no, mouse yes
According to the pic which you had uploaded it does show that that usb is initialised, try pressing the num lock for a while and see if it works after that (hopefully you see a light if not still continue with the following) remove the cmos for 15mins and remove any extra peripheral like printer or usb or anything, just keep the keyboad and display cable connected to your mobo and again immediately after pressing the power button start with clicking F1.

Solution
Sep 22, 2020
Thank you! Will get back here as soon.

Yes i agree however legacy bios should not prevent atleast from entering bios anything else like entering boot disk using boot manager will not work. Once in windows bios gives some of the task like usb keyboard and mouse in hands of OS.

Sep 22, 2020

IT FINALLY WORKED!!!!!! 😭 THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! However, I think it's the usb ports that went defective (cause I tried putting it on another port and followed what you suggested). Might went defective because of the troubleshoots I did from the first issue, if only i listened it was just the thermal compound all along. Anyhow at least now it worked thank you so much again! Thank you for your time! 😭https://pasteboard.co/Jx6cVpN.jpg

Last edited:
IT FINALLY WORKED!!!!!! 😭 THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! However, I think it's the usb ports that went defective (cause I tried putting it on another port and followed what you suggested). Might went defective because of the troubleshoots I did from the first issue, if only i listened it was the just thermal compound all along. Anyhow at least now it worked thank you so much again! Thank you for your time! 😭https://pasteboard.co/Jx6cVpN.jpg
Happy to help! you can click the trophy icon in my previous reply to 'Solved' the forum.