Cpu and Motherboard are at high temperatures.

yossyween

Honorable
Jun 14, 2015
So basically to start off, I was cleaning my cpu and was dismembering down to it's bony form. Then, when I was about to put things where it should be, I kinda broke 2 of the stupid Intel push pins ( keep in mind my processor is already 4 years old) so most probably the stupid plastic pin already gave. So, the first and only thing I did was to fill in the gap of the locks with paper just so it would tighten up and hold. Also, this had been the only time I had not applied any thermal paste on the processor because I no longer have any. Then when everything was back in place first thing i noticed was the spike in my CPUs temp. It was at 98 degrees on idle! The motherboard is at 89. Any quick tips, suggestion or ideas to help a 'low on cash guy'? And also add this up, I have 2 cpu fan coolers. The one on the left is sucking in air while the one at the back is releasing.

Solution

YOUR DIDN'T APPLY THERMAL PASTE!????

IF YOU DIDN'T TAKE THE COOLER OFF RIGHT NOW GET SOME THERMAL PASTE AND INSTALL THE CPU COOLER WITH THERMAL PASTE!!

DO this ASAP!

-Byron

TechiCanadian

Reputable
Jun 13, 2015
I really suggest you do not use your computer. if the cpu is running 98 degrees on idle you should first check if the fans are even spinning on the cpu cooler and if they are... Get yourself a new motherboard before that CPU melts!

Hope I helped you

-Byron

TechiCanadian

Reputable
Jun 13, 2015

YOUR DIDN'T APPLY THERMAL PASTE!????

IF YOU DIDN'T TAKE THE COOLER OFF RIGHT NOW GET SOME THERMAL PASTE AND INSTALL THE CPU COOLER WITH THERMAL PASTE!!

DO this ASAP!

-Byron

Solution

yossyween

Honorable
Jun 14, 2015
Got my CPU and motherboard running again. I bought some thermal paste and fixed the stupid pushpins by squeezing paper between the gap just to tighten it up for now. By tomorrow, I will be changing the pins already. Thank you very much guys! Appreciate the support and quick response