[SOLVED] Cpu and motherboard temp 3 getting hot and shutting down computer

Nov 4, 2018
My computer was running fine yesterday fans where kinda loud did not think any of it was kinda dusty but I cut it off last night and turned it on this morning and I see cpu this rising to 96f and motherboard temp 3 rising from 60 to 80 less than 5 minutes and and when it gets to 80 it shuts off all fans are spinning cpu cooler corsair H100i v2 has thermos paste I see rpm are there so I know it’s running but why is cpu still getting hot ????

Solution
With the corsair H100i system, if you look at the CPU FAN speed in the BIOS Setup screens OR by using the utility supplied by the mobo maker, what you see there is NOT the fans on the radiator. It is the speed of the PUMP only. So you need to check the radiator fans themselves. Obviously you can do that by looking at the fans and seeing if they are spinning fast (since your temps are getting hot). Alternatively, you can use the Corsair LINK software that you SHOULD be using with this system. It is designed to manage those fans and the CPU's cooling needs, and that tool WILL show the the radiator fan speed.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
With the corsair H100i system, if you look at the CPU FAN speed in the BIOS Setup screens OR by using the utility supplied by the mobo maker, what you see there is NOT the fans on the radiator. It is the speed of the PUMP only. So you need to check the radiator fans themselves. Obviously you can do that by looking at the fans and seeing if they are spinning fast (since your temps are getting hot). Alternatively, you can use the Corsair LINK software that you SHOULD be using with this system. It is designed to manage those fans and the CPU's cooling needs, and that tool WILL show the the radiator fan speed.

Solution