Question CPU and VGA light flash once during boot, and then are stable during benchmarking and stability testing, then blackscreen and shuts down while gaming

Aug 18, 2023
I recently built this pc and it was working great for a while but now I am encountering problems. When I play games, specifically Diablo 4, my pc randomly turns off and a red light on the motherboard turns on. This red light is either cpu or Vga. I checked if everything was seated correctly and it is and also benchmarked the pc and it did fine. Is it safe to say my PSU is the problem and needs to be replaced?

PC Specs
PSU: Thermaltake 750w
CPU: 5600x with stock wraith cooler
GPU: RTX 2060 OC
RAM: 32GB of DDR4 corsair vengence RAM
Storage: Rocket 1TB

Additionally, I have five fans and the case typically doesnt get much hotter than 75 C under full load. That is specifically the CPU, the GPU rarely gets hotter than 70C.
Any help is appreciated, I have no idea whats going on.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Thermaltake is the brand of the PSU while 750W is the advertised wattage of the unit. What is the model of the unit and how old is the PSU?

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard?

Aug 18, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Thermaltake is the brand of the PSU while 750W is the advertised wattage of the unit. What is the model of the unit and how old is the PSU?

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard?
Sorry about that

CPU: Ryzen 5600x
CPU Cooler: Stock Wraith Cooler
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk Max WIFI
RAM: Corsair 32GB DDR$ Vengence RGB
SSD: Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2060 OC
PSU: Thermaltake SMART 700w ATX 80 plus power supplu
Chassis: Corsair ICUE 220T RGB Airflow
Monitor: Koorui 165hz 1080p, I have two additional ones that are standard hp 60hz

Additionally, I think the PSU is about 3 years old.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
You really need to swap that PSU out of there to test further; it should *never* have been in this build in the first place. The SMART series is basically just dirt-cheap Sirfa PSUs of archaic design and the most cutrate parts they could find with a Thermaltake label stuck on it (sometimes they stuff in some RGB lights too). Definitely one of the worst series of PSU released by a major brand, along with the EVGA N1, Thermaltake Litepower and TR2, and a whole bunch of absolutely abysmal Cooler Masters.

Aug 18, 2023
You really need to swap that PSU out of there to test further; it should *never* have been in this build in the first place. The SMART series is basically just dirt-cheap Sirfa PSUs of archaic design and the most cutrate parts they could find with a Thermaltake label stuck on it (sometimes they stuff in some RGB lights too). Definitely one of the worst series of PSU released by a major brand, along with the EVGA N1, Thermaltake Litepower and TR2, and a whole bunch of absolutely abysmal Cooler Masters.
do you have any recommendations for an upgrade around 100 dollars?
Thank you for the help

Aug 18, 2023
Sorry about that

CPU: Ryzen 5600x
CPU Cooler: Stock Wraith Cooler
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk Max WIFI
RAM: Corsair 32GB DDR$ Vengence RGB
SSD: Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2060 OC
PSU: Thermaltake SMART 700w ATX 80 plus power supplu
Chassis: Corsair ICUE 220T RGB Airflow
Monitor: Koorui 165hz 1080p, I have two additional ones that are standard hp 60hz

Additionally, I think the PSU is about 3 years old.
I just bought a new reliable psu and I am still getting red lights at boot. Then they turn off. Any advice?

Aug 18, 2023
I just bought a new reliable psu and I am still getting red lights at boot. Then they turn off. Any advice?
Also when it turns on it goes in the same order everytime, Vram, cpu, vram quickly, and then VGA for five seconds. After that it boots fine and have no problems unless I play diablo for a long time.