CPU at 100%

AGTLlama

Reputable
Feb 16, 2014
Hello. I am having an issue with my CPU. In the past hour I have noticed that my CPU load is running at 70-75% when idling on the desktop, and when I open a game, it jumps to 95-100% (Causing the game to freeze.)

The computer is a custom gaming build and has never had this problem before. Its not too old either, Its about 2-3 weeks old. Any help would be great. Thanks :)

Here are the specs:
CPU: AMD-8350 8-core 4.0Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 760
1TB HDD
Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
RAM: 8GB

*EDIT*
Upon further investigation, I have learned that whatever is causing this is called "cvtres.exe" After googleing it, I confirmed that it is a virus, I ran a scan on my anti-virus, but it didn't pick it up. How can I get rid of this?

*EDIT 2*
I ran malware-bytes in safemode and it found and deleted the virus, After a quick reboot everything seems to be working fine. Thank you all so much for helping me with this. I really Appreciate it! :D

AGTLlama

Reputable
Feb 16, 2014

I pulled up the task manager, and the second I did, my CPU usage went down to 0-2% But the second I closed task manager, it went back to 75%.
My anti-virus won't pick this up. Would you happen to know an alternate way of getting rid of this?
Thank you again for your time and help :)