[SOLVED] CPU clock speed difference bios and windows 10

Feb 27, 2020
Hi,

I have just bought a new processor AMD 3600x and I am wondering why windows 10 system information and my UEFI (x570) show different CPU clock speed.

Can anyone explain it?

Windows 10: 3793 MHz
UEFI: 3809 MHz

Is not much that much but why it is not the same clock speed?

Thanks for you help!

Solution
I don't know, windows is weird is my best non answer. I would consider either to be 3.8ghz the correct base clock speed for a 3600x. Certainly not something I would be worrying about. On my PC system information just says the base clock speed of my 7700k which is 4200mhz even though I have it overclocked to 5ghz and at idle it is currently running at 800mhz but sys info still says 4200mhz , its just reading the base clock speed the CPU shipped at not the speed it is actually running at currently.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
I don't know, windows is weird is my best non answer. I would consider either to be 3.8ghz the correct base clock speed for a 3600x. Certainly not something I would be worrying about. On my PC system information just says the base clock speed of my 7700k which is 4200mhz even though I have it overclocked to 5ghz and at idle it is currently running at 800mhz but sys info still says 4200mhz , its just reading the base clock speed the CPU shipped at not the speed it is actually running at currently.

Solution