[SOLVED] CPU Cooler fans spinning very weakly.

wildjake4

Honorable
Oct 23, 2017
So, I've been making a new PC, and I've run into an issue, where my AIO cooler's fan's aren't running very strong, they'll start spinning on boot, but when I touch the fan with my hand, they stop spinning, and then to get them to spin again I need to start em with my hand, is this a voltage issue or is there some sort of power restriction when the CPU isn't running hot? For more info, I had the 3-pin fan connector in the AIO_PUMP header, which didn't work, then I tried the CPU_FAN header, which also gave me the same result. If this makes any difference, the motherboard I have is an ASUS Prime Z390-A and the CPU is the i9 9900K.

AIO Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum

Solution
Your AIO cooler pump header should be connected to the AIO_PUMP while the fan on the radiator should be either on CPU_FAN or directly connected to the pump.

The fans shouldn't ramp up unless the system is either hot and/or under load, but if you want to check they are working correctly, put the system under load.
aida64 has a trail version, prime95 small fft is okay, but has kind of fallen out of fashion, realbench is also free and stress the cpu.
Your AIO cooler pump header should be connected to the AIO_PUMP while the fan on the radiator should be either on CPU_FAN or directly connected to the pump.

The fans shouldn't ramp up unless the system is either hot and/or under load, but if you want to check they are working correctly, put the system under load.
aida64 has a trail version, prime95 small fft is okay, but has kind of fallen out of fashion, realbench is also free and stress the cpu.

Solution

wildjake4

Honorable
Oct 23, 2017

I have the radiator fans connected directly to the pump, and the pump fan is connected straight to the motherboard, I'm only testing it as soon as the PC boots up, so the fans are definitely not under load, so is it just a matter of the fans not requiring to spin that much?