[SOLVED] CPU Cooler PIn Issues

Mar 7, 2020
I have MSI Tomahawk Max B450 Motherboard with a Ryzen 3600. I bought a Thermaltake UX 100 for additional cooling and the RGB lighting. I have noticed that the motherboard only has the 4 pins 12v connection and cooler requires a 3 pin 5v connection. Everywhere I read they say the 2 are compatible. However, I don't kill the cooler by not connecting it correctly. Can anyone tell me if there is an adaptor or splitter for this? I'm new to building PC and don't' want to screw anything up. Thanks

Mike

Solution
Yeah the Hyper 212 is a good go to budget cooler, it will be better then the stock cooler and is a good design. Be aware that these are single colored LEDs, so purchase the color you want since only the more expensive 40-50 USD dollar one has RGB.

You can always replace the fan that comes with the cooler with a cheap RGB fan or add something like the Phanteks Halos https://www.amazon.com/Phanteks-PH-FF120RGBA_BK01-Halos-density-mounting/dp/B074Q56LFS to a standard white or clean fan.
First that cooler isnt superior in cooling to the stock Ryzen cooler, its probably alittle worst given its design. it also will run at full RPM all the time.

As far as the header, right on the thermaltake website for this cooler"*Caution: the motherboard signal connector only supports 5V header. " meaning the 12V header of your motherboard will kill the RGB.

Yeah the Hyper 212 is a good go to budget cooler, it will be better then the stock cooler and is a good design. Be aware that these are single colored LEDs, so purchase the color you want since only the more expensive 40-50 USD dollar one has RGB.

You can always replace the fan that comes with the cooler with a cheap RGB fan or add something like the Phanteks Halos https://www.amazon.com/Phanteks-PH-FF120RGBA_BK01-Halos-density-mounting/dp/B074Q56LFS to a standard white or clean fan.

Solution
Mar 7, 2020
Thanks for the help. I did purchase it from Amazon and got the Red LED. I decided to forgo the RGB since the rest of my components are RGB and don't feel like dealing with the pins on the motherboard.