serafin152

Commendable
Feb 16, 2021
Hello, recently i have bought new cpu : ryzen 7, 3700x, 3.6GHz, 32mb. I have problem with its default cooler. No matter if im playing, not doing anything at all, after system starts fan is starting to spin way way faster and make a lot of noise for few seconds then it back to normal and start again after some time, repeating endless. Some ppl said i conected cpu wrong on motherboard or mainboard itslef is damaged. First option, thats cant be it i checked everything many times, second one i have no clue how to check it. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks for your time!

edit : my mainboard : gigabyte x570 gaming x

Solution
Ryzen frequently boosts aggressively from idle and spikes temperature with each boost. The fans will seem to 'pulse' with each boost if they are following temperature too closely. The way to minimize it is setup a custom profile that basically ignores the spikes.
Ryzen frequently boosts aggressively from idle and spikes temperature with each boost. The fans will seem to 'pulse' with each boost if they are following temperature too closely. The way to minimize it is setup a custom profile that basically ignores the spikes.

Solution

serafin152

Commendable
Feb 16, 2021

thanks a lot, i thought it may be something wrong with my pc. I'll look at some yt quides how to stabilize fan and ill give my feedbeck here later.

thanks a lot, i thought it may be something wrong with my pc. I'll look at some yt quides how to stabilize fan and ill give my feedbeck here later.
A better cooler will help, BTW, but even the best can't eliminate the temp spikes as the processor boosts from idle. Where it helps is with heavy all-core processing as keeping temperatures in the mid-70's there will help the CPU stay at higher clocks. It's almost like overclocking.