Question CPU cooling fan replacement

Aug 9, 2022
I have been using a ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO but due to I just changed my CPU out it has problems with keeping it cooled down so it´s rebooting my pc at times

My setup is
CPU ryzen 9 5900x
GPU NVIDIA GeFOrce RTX 3070
CORSAIR Carbide Series SPEC DELTA RGB tower
Motherboard ASRock X570 Pro4 ATX AM4 AMD X570
2x CORSAIR Vengeance DDR4 kit 3600MHz CL18
ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU cooler.

The ones I have been looking at are:
be quiet! Dark Rock 4
ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240
be quiet! Dark Rock PRO 4
Not sure which would be the best option of those 3, I´m also more than happy to hear what other good coolers to look at that is good for that CPU.

Ralston18

Titan
PSU?

Make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that occur just before or at the time of the reboots.

Aug 9, 2022
PSU?

Make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that occur just before or at the time of the reboots.

PSU should be an "Antec High Current Gamer Gold HCG750 750Watt" it was totally new then I build my pc
Disk is a "Corsair Force Series MP600 1TB" and there is still 500 gb left on it
I have only had this pc for 1½ year, I used to have a ryzen 5 3500 before that I changed out last week and never had problems before that, when I´m reading up on my current cooler it´s totally fine for the old CPU but just to weak for my new one.

I´m getting a few errors, but in general they come in this order.
  1. Unexpected shutdown.
  2. System rebooted without shutting down correctly, due to system stopped answering, went down or power disappeared unexpected
  3. Reported by component: Processer Core
Error Source : Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor-APIC-id: 0 or 10
4) nvlddmkm could not be found.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2022
Rapporteret af komponent: Processorkerne
Fejlkilde: Machine Check Exception
Fejltype: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor-APIC-id: 0
You sure it's rebooting from heat?

I never had any problem before I changed my CPU out, I used a Ryzen 5 3500 before but same day I changed it to a Ryzen 9 5900x I started having problems, with my current cooler the part that is right on top of the CPU does not cover the whole CPU.

I have been looking at the Reliability History and Event Viewer for when it was rebooting and getting this errors.

I´m getting a few errors, but in general they come in this order.
  1. Unexpected shutdown.
  2. System rebooted without shutting down correctly, due to system stopped answering, went down or power disappeared unexpected
  3. Reported by component: Processer Core
    Error Source : Machine Check Exception
    Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
    Processor-APIC-id: 0 or 10
    4. nvlddmkm could not be found.
    There are also some event id 6008 errors
    Not sure if my GPU got lose while I was working on or if my CPU is defect.

Aug 9, 2022
I was hoping you'd post/report some cpu die temperatures...
HWINFO:
Cpu(Tctl/Tdie)
CCD1
CCD2

I will be honest I´m not the most tech-savvy, I had some people in my old mans IT company help me with it where he said the problem was the cooling fan was not good enough, how I ended up here to find some help to what cooling fan to use.

This is first time I have heard about HWINFO: so not sure how to find the temps from when it was shutting down, I was running core temp where it sometimes was hitting 85C right before it rebooted

Ralston18

Titan
Not familiar with "Antec High Current Gamer Gold HCG750 750Watt " so will defer to those users/posters who are.

The posted error codes etc., suggest to me that the PSU is very suspect.

Remember that the PSU is a critical component that supplies three voltages (3.3, 5, and 12) to various system components.

If the PSU is unable to fulfill any voltage and/or wattage requirements then there will be problems.

Worth a look:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158